Recovery from MS is possible. You know it because you or someone you love has seen great benefits from following the OMS Program. But getting, and staying, on the path to recovery can be hard. To succeed, people new to OMS need support, guidance and encouragement. That’s where OMS Ambassadors come into the picture.
MS Ambassadors raise awareness in general about OMS in their local MS community and guide those new to OMS on their journey. However, everything centers on the OMS Circle which Ambassadors built in their local area.
What is an OMS Circle?
An OMS Circle is a community of people who share a belief in making positive changes to their diets and lifestyles to achieve a better and healthier life with MS. They meet regularly for events and outings, answer each other’s questions, and act as a source of support and encouragement for each other, in good and not-so-good times. OMS Ambassadors serve both as members and leaders of the group. Find your nearest OMS Circle here.
What does an OMS Ambassador do?
- Organizes local events and support groups, building a community in your area that improves health and well-being by following the OMS Program.
- Uses their network to identify and introduce new people to OMS and the Program.
- Plan outings built around OMS lifestyle principles.
- Post updates about local community events, meetings, and outings on OMS social media channels.
- Answer questions from members of their local OMS community and serve as a source of support and encouragement.
- Liaise between the OMS Circle and OMS charity.
We know your life is busy, so we value any contribution of time and effort you can make in forging a sense of community in your area. Feeling empowered to take on even more? Over time you can specialize in even more ways, such as blogging for us, fundraising, or representing OMS to local MS organizations and the media.
How do I become an OMS Ambassador?
- Fill out the form below
- Complete our questionnaire
- Receive and read the OMS Ambassador Welcome Pack
- Join one of our web-based training sessions to get even better prepared
- Start building your local OMS Circle