FULLY BOOKED: Emmaus Centre Residential Retreat – Swords, Dublin

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS RETREAT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. 

Emmaus centre retreat

Are you ready to dive into OMS 7-Step Recovery Program, explore the science behind it, learn how to adapt it to your daily life, and meet other people on the same journey?

Then our 5-day retreat is for you, and it’s coming to the Emmaus Centre outside Dublin, running April 1-5, 2019.

Based on his best-selling book, Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis, the evidence-based 7-step recovery program, the retreat model was developed by Professor George Jelinek and features a comprehensive and engaging program of discussions and activities that blend science and human experience into a practical path to making changes in your life that can improve your health if you have MS.

What should I expect?

• Five days of highly participatory sessions that will engage and inform you about the science and the evidence behind the OMS 7-Step Recovery Program.
    • A customized, highly-tailored and practical plan for how you can integrate the OMS approach into your daily life to achieve better health outcomes.
    • Increased knowledge about a range of other related issues, including medications, stress management, and self-help techniques.
    • Clarifying the truths and myths about MS and how to treat it so you can have more clarity about the condition.
    • Introduction to a warm, supportive, and friendly network of people who are going through the same experiences as you, and who can serve as touchstones for support well beyond the end of the retreat.
    • The ability to engage with presenters and other participants, get your questions answered, and come away with a renewed sense of hope, purpose, and optimism for getting your MS under control and living a fuller, happier, and healthier life.

Who are the presenters/facilitators?

Dr. Jonathan White 

Jonathan is an Obstetrician and Gynecologist living in Belfast with his wife and young son. He was diagnosed with MS in 2015 and began following the OMS 7-Step Recovery Program almost immediately. Jonathan loves running and other outdoor activities, and is a regular fundraiser for OMS.

Read his full biography here

veronique gauthier simmonsVéronique Gauthier-Simmons

Véronique started yoga in 2000 when she was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting MS. Over the years, she is qualified in Hatha Yoga and Yoga Therapy. She also co-founded Taming the Walrus, which is dedicated to encouraging people with MS to practice yoga. Véronique has been following the  Recovery Program for 7 years.

Read her full biography here

Phil Startin OMS Event Facilitator

Phil Startin

Phil is a mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) practitioner who has had MS since which year and is a regular OMS Event Facilitator. He discovered Overcoming MS in 2011, and coupled with his earlier immersion into mindfulness meditation, awakened a whole new area in his life.

Read his full biography here

Common questions

Can I attend the retreat with a partner or caregiver?

Yes! We highly recommend you attend the retreat with a partner or caregiver if at all possible. By sharing this experience with you, your partner or caregiver will attain a deeper understanding of what the OMS 7-Step Recovery Program is, and they’ll be in a better position to help you adopt it and stay on course.

Can you tell me more about the venue?

The retreat will be held at The Emmaus Centre, Swords, Dublin. The Centre has been specially designed to infuse the tranquillity of the nature that surrounds it into the space. It’s only 10 minutes from Dublin, and it offers quiet tree-lined pathways, landscaped gardens and a river walk.

How much does it cost to attend and what’s the process for securing a spot?

• The full cost is £965 per individual, or £1,700 per couple or individual attending with a support person or caregiver.
  • These costs include all accommodation, meals and the program itself. Travel costs are not included.
  • As demand for these types of events is high, a deposit of £150.00 per person is due immediately  to secure your spot. The outstanding balance is due by Friday 1st February 2019.
  • Deposits are non-refundable unless we find someone to take your place (which usually happens as demand is high), so if your circumstances change and you can’t attend, let us know right away.
  • Places are dispensed strictly on a first come, first served basis to be fair to everyone.
  • Once you have paid the deposit, the OMS events team will get in touch to start making arrangements. You can contact us on [email protected] if you have any questions.
  • We believe that no one should be prevented from taking part due to constrained finances, so if you find yourself in that position but would still like to attend, please email us at [email protected] and share details about your circumstances. We may be able to help.
  • Please note OMS is a registered charity (No. 1157579) and all our events are not profit-making. We only endeavor to apply the fees we charge to cover our costs.

What others are saying about OMS retreats

“This was a transformative event. Although I have been following the program as best I could on my own for two years, seeing everybody else being so committed to it has given me new resolve.”

“My life-long partner who has MS inspired me with her determination to fight on, and meeting many others like her was overwhelming and absolutely inspiring.”

“A wonderful week that pieced together all the missing parts of the jigsaw that I was struggling to complete: consolidated knowledge; a support network of positive people; practical tips and expert opinions.”

“These five days were essential to re-analyze and reinforce my life. I leave balanced inside, inspired and feeling that I am not alone and that all resources/help I could ever want are just an arm’s length away at any time.”

The Details

Date: Monday 1st April – Friday 5th April 2019

Location: The Emmaus Centre, Balheary Demesne, Swords, Dublin K67Y274, Ireland

Price:

• Individual – £965
  • Couple –  £1,700

Deposit: £150 per person is required to secure your booking.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS RETREAT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. 

Any questions? Feel free to email us at [email protected].

April 1, 2019
-
April 5, 2019

1. The Emmaus Centre
  2. Balheary Demesne
  3. Swords
  4. Dublin
  5. K67Y274