Take part in our monthly fundraising Virtual Quiz Event and have a chance to win a cash prize too!
- The Overcoming MS Virtual Quiz runs monthly – on the last Sunday of the month, every month.
- The first Overcoming MS Virtual Quiz takes place on World MS Day Sunday 30 May 2021.
- Taking part costs £3 (or USD $4, AUS $5).
- The quiz only takes around 20 minutes.
We are hoping to raise around £1,000 from our first Virtual Quiz event. We would love you to join us, so please sign up now!
£1,000 could help Overcoming MS to
- produce two full length episodes of our Living Well with MS podcast which reaches thousands of listeners worldwide.
- ensure 80 people in the UK, or 50 people in Ireland, receive a free copy of the life changing book Overcoming MS.
I’m not in the UK – can I take part too?
Absolutely! We would love to include as many OMSers as we can. Please sign up today!
The Overcoming MS Virtual Fundraising Quiz currently supports 23 countries worldwide;
Australia, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Northern Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, USA, and Wales.
To help as many supporters to take part Overcoming MS hosts three virtual fundraising quizzes across three different time zones.
In fact, you can take part in any of our virtual fundraising quizzes (or all three). An OMSer in Germany could sign up for the Australia quiz, an OMSer in California could take part in the UK quiz. There is nothing to stop you (apart from sleep).
Next Overcoming MS Virtual Quiz: Sunday 27 June 2021
- Sunday 27 June
- Sunday 25 July
- Sunday 29 August
- Sunday 26 September
- Sunday 31 October
- Sunday 28 November
- Sunday 26 December
Where does my money go?
- At least 60% of the quiz proceeds help fund our work to inform, support and empower people with MS to live well.
- 20% is shared across the three prize winners. Quiz winners often generously decide to donate their prize money to boost the funds raised.
- The remaining 20% is used by Virtual Quiz Events who hosts the platform.
I’ve never done a virtual quiz before. What can I expect?
- The quiz is held in real-time. This means you need to be logged onto your computer or laptop on the right day and time to take part.
- You won’t be able to log in once the quiz has started, so try not to be late or you will miss out. (Sorry, no refunds given for late comers).
- The quiz does not use video. It does not require a social media account either, so it’s all private and anonymous. So there's no need to worry about how messy your living room looks.
- The quiz only takes 20 minutes. You are free to get on with the rest of your evening!
- The quiz is a series of randomly generated general knowledge questions. You have 20 seconds to answer using multiple choice. Quiz question categories are general knowledge, film and TV, sport and music.
Did you say that there are cash prizes to be won?
Yes, there are three cash prizes to be won for each virtual fundraising quiz.
Scoring is automatically calculated, based on the number of correct answers and how quickly you answer them.
The 1st placed player will receive 10% of the quiz pot, 2nd place 6% and 3rd place wins 4%.
Remember if you win, you can always choose to donate your prize winnings back to Overcoming MS to help boost the funds raised. You do get to keep the glory of winning though, which is priceless.
How to take part in Overcoming MS’s Virtual Quiz Event
Thank you, we are thrilled you are joining us. Good luck!
Registering to take part will take about two minutes.
You will need your debit or credit card handy to pay for your quiz entry (£3). You can choose to opt in or out of receiving future email communications from us. (We will subscribe you to our main e-newsletter and fundraising emails which you can unsubscribe from at any time).
Put the quiz date and time in your diary and set a reminder so you don’t forget.
Now’s the time to invite your friends, family, neighbours and colleagues and encourage them to sign up too. Please share the Overcoming MS Virtual Quiz Event link on your WhatsApp groups, social media and email. The more the merrier for a bigger cash prize pot and more funds raised!
Can I organise my own virtual fundraising quiz?
Yes, organizing your own virtual fundraising quiz in aid of Overcoming MS is free and easy to do.
As a Quiz Fundraiser you will be able to schedule quizzes in your local time zone. You can decide how much you would like your quiz to cost to enter and all the quiz entry monies will be paid in your country’s currency.
The quiz is full hosted, so you don’t need to worry about your own questions.
You can find out more information about Virtual Quiz Events here.