Overcoming MS is a community-focused organization, with many roles taken on by OMSers who volunteer themselves. These are people who are on the Recovery Program – people who are seeing the benefits of supporting this unique community.
We rely on our community members who offer time, skills and resources in positive, constructive ways.
Whatever you do, we are very grateful to every volunteer who provides their skills and expertise to benefit the OMS community.
Current Roles, July 2020
Overcoming MS is looking to grow our small team in a sustainable way, to support as many people with MS as possible worldwide, and to champion our Overcoming MS program. This is where we need you! As a charity we would love to find people within our OMS community who have both the skills and time to help us achieve our goals.
- Community Co-ordinator open to existing Ambassadors and Circle Members to expand - contact email@example.com. This will involve working with us to help us shape our approach to the co-ordination of Circles and community engagement. It will also involve engaging our Ambassador community so that they feel supported and informed about our work and any new development. Close contact with the OMS team will help us to develop our approach to ensure it meets the needs of growing communities. The role will support transitioning to the new approach , running Circles via our new website.
- Volunteer co-ordinator to help us grow our volunteer capacity and harness this vital resource for the benefit of our OMS community and our small charity. You can view the role description on our website. Please send in a one-sider about yourself, your work experience and your interest in the role so we can see whether it would suit you, including number of hours per month you can commit - email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Content Advisory Group to shape our website content, blogs and social media by giving feedback and sharing ideas with the team. This would require just a few hours of time per month. Register your interest by sending a paragraph about you to email@example.com, including an overview of your life experiences, interests and skills so we can make sure we have a diverse group of members.
- Comms champions to support with short or long term online and comms project roles - video editing, proofreading, creating graphics, writing, subtitling, translation, content uploading, resizing and photo editing, recipe creators and testers. Please complete the project role form here.
- Ability to work remotely from home - internet connection, computer and IT skills
- Available to anywhere in the world, you will need to speak good English
- Able to commit enough time either on a weekly (for the Volunteer Co-ordinator role) or monthly basis for at least 6 months
- More detail is included in the individual role descriptions
More volunteering roles
- Help moderate the OMS Forum
- Write a blog for our website
- Record a video blog
- Become a guest on our podcast
- Share an OMS-friendly recipe
- Become an OMS Ambassador
- Distribute leaflets in your local area to raise OMS's profile
- Volunteer at one of our events
- Offer your expertise in other ways, such as sharing meditations, exercises or nutrition tips
- Pro-bono support
- Support fundraisers by cheering at events
- Organising a fundraiser for Overcoming MS
Interested in being a volunteer? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.