6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Looking for reassurance. Have been on the program strictly for 14 months and am having a relapse. I made such gains in the year with fatigue, stamina and sensory issues. Unfortunately, my motor skills are being affected at the moment. Scared. Please share your experiences if you can. I am very disheartened but awake. The fatigue lifted so dramatically but now this. Did anyone else have this experience? It would help to hear other similar experiences followed by a successful recovery.
Keep going. Professor Jelinek has said that it takes between 3 and 5 years to fully stabilise on the OMS programme, and you can expect to experience relapses during this time, The important thing is not to give up.

I have been following OMS for 7 years now, and was diagnosed 10 years ago. Everyone's journey/situation is different as you know - so whilst I can't give you any stories of complete recovery, I will say that I believe the OMS has given me a better quality of life than I would have had without it.

I hope your current relapse passes soon.
...I echo what Rachel said, it can takes years to fully stabilize!!
And i bet you will recover from this relapse faster, then if you weren't following the program.
Meditate,meditate,meditate...
Rose
Thank you both. This has been such a scary time. After a year of success on the diet my health started unravelling again. One week later it seems to have stopped getting worse, fingers crossed. Now, I hope for a speedy recovery from this relapse. Unfortunately, I have had MS for 20 years unbeknownst to me. I was misdiagnosed in 2003 and it was slow to progress. I have been on the program for 14 months and have seen good results. This is indeed a formidable challenge. My heart goes out to everyone on this forum.

I am meditating and visualizing.
Many thanks,
Jul
Hi Jul,

How have you got on now its been a couple of months?

Craig
Hi Craig101,

Thank you for following up with me. This forum is great. And...this program works! My relapse 14 months into the diet was so discouraging but I recovered faster than I could have hoped. And throughout the entire relapse the fatigue never returned. The whole ordeal strengthened my resolve with the program and I increased my physio. Am back on my feet but with a tiny limp still to resolve. Now am at month 17 and hoping 2020 is the year I stabilize.

All the best to everyone in 2020!
Thanks again for checking in on me.

Julie
6 posts Page 1 of 1