20 posts Page 2 of 2
:D hmmm... Bikini gardening... We might have a new trend on our hands here!

My neighbours already think that I'm an odd duck... What's one more oddity?!? :lol:

Claire
All joking aside... I read the article and there seems to be something there....
More than a bikini?
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Bikini gardening = plenty of vitamin D 8-)
Agree, getting outside == good, buying more crap == suffering.

I don't mind this guys writing, just disregard the paleo: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-rich ... in-nature/

I've noticed quite a bit of hype getting about around nature exposure now, our local hospital is doing a rehab in parks program. Seems to be studies coming out backing it. Getting a bit of press.

I'm not sure I'd advocate gardening in a bikini, but meditating under a tree (but not under its shadow) is more my style.
I've heard that exercising outdoors, in green spaces, has more benefits than exercising indoors. Don't have a paper on it, though
Sue is clearly going to be leading the bikini therapy...... :lol:
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
not until it warms up in Melbourne! :lol:
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Spent the last two weeks almost 80% barefoot or in slippers...walking in old-growth forest and along some beaches while at a research station in the north of Vancouver Island.

Not sure if it was the barefoot aspect that did it but I felt great! The most disturbing (and persistent) symptom that I deal with is a lack of balance when walking. It was almost imperceptible at the end of the two weeks. This is just anecdotal but I have been up there before but this is the first time that I deliberately tried to maximize my contact with the earth....Of course, the beautiful environment did not hurt at all!

Claire
I’ve been taking the opportunity to Earth a lot over the last couple of weeks, taking barefoot walks on the local golf course (shut to golfers because of the Coronavirus) and sat in the back garden and my right sided weakness really diminishes when I do it.
20 posts Page 2 of 2