6 posts Page 1 of 1
I have MS since more than 3 years now. I have been really bad after my first relapse but have recovered since (not completely).
From time to time I fell that some MS symptoms are getting worse (for instance if I do not sleep well, sometimes I don't know why), and after a period of hours, days or months they go away. Then, after another period they come back in different ways.
Is this called I am having new relapses or it is just due to the loss of myelin from my first relapse? My MRI scans does not show I have new lesions.
Can somebody explain because I am very confused?
I get symptoms returning if I'm not feeling great. This might be due to illness, stress, overdoing it physically, or heat. I just try to control what I can control and be thankful that things are improving.
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
xeon550 wrote: I have MS since more than 3 years now. I have been really bad after my first relapse but have recovered since (not completely).
From time to time I fell that some MS symptoms are getting worse (for instance if I do not sleep well, sometimes I don't know why), and after a period of hours, days or months they go away. Then, after another period they come back in different ways.
Is this called I am having new relapses or it is just due to the loss of myelin from my first relapse? My MRI scans does not show I have new lesions.
Can somebody explain because I am very confused?

Doesn’t sound like a new attack but they are flares.

These are old symptoms that come back briefly usually due to stress.

If symptoms get worse or there is a new symptom this is an attack.
In my early stages of m.s I would get steroids after each attack. Each to their own however.

Do look at what you can do to bring the inflammation down in your body.
Check vit D levels,
Eat more alkaline and less acidic foods including sugars.
I dropped caffeine.
Do things which calm you like reading or walking or meditating.

You are in the very early years of m.s so recovering is absolutely a possibility.
OMS is the best thing you can do to help your body to achieve this.

There is hope for the future too, research into how to not only stop m.s but repair damage is being worked on and they are getting close.
Diggity wrote: I get symptoms returning if I'm not feeling great. This might be due to illness, stress, overdoing it physically, or heat. I just try to control what I can control and be thankful that things are improving.

How do you try to control?
Simptoms are improving for me also, but from time to time I have these exacerbations.
Blueberry wrote: These are old symptoms that come back briefly usually due to stress.
I thought so. Thanks for confirming.

Blueberry wrote: You are in the very early years of m.s so recovering is absolutely a possibility.
OMS is the best thing you can do to help your body to achieve this.

I am on OMS for one year and I have no new lesions. My last MRI was in June. I noticed that I get better, but from time to time I have exacerbations of simptoms. And last two days were not good for me, but now I am ok. I was scared that it could be a relapse.

Blueberry wrote: There is hope for the future too, research into how to not only stop m.s but repair damage is being worked on and they are getting close.
I noticed that in many studies on mice they managed to achieve remyelination. I am eager to see when they will succeed on human also to finish this damn disease once and for all.
xeon550 wrote:
Diggity wrote: I get symptoms returning if I'm not feeling great. This might be due to illness, stress, overdoing it physically, or heat. I just try to control what I can control and be thankful that things are improving.

How do you try to control?
Simptoms are improving for me also, but from time to time I have these exacerbations.

I control stress with mindfulness and trying to change the situation that's causing the stress as much as I can. Exercise, I've realised is best to keep doing it, but not pushing my limits and not to exercise when it's hot.
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
6 posts Page 1 of 1