5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, my doctor has considered ms a strong possibility. I have a brain MRI scheduled for next week. I have had many blood tests to rule things out. My inflammatory markers came back elevated so now she has ordered a test to rule out RA. My foot has been numb and tingling for about 8 months. I also get occasional sharp shooting pains in it and in my lower leg. My symptoms include dizziness, off balance, muscle spasms/twitching, weakness, heat sensitivity, sharp stabbing head aches lasting less than 10 seconds, slurred words, forgetting words. Does elevated inflammatory markers have any relation to MS flares?
When I was diagnosed 20 months ago, I had raised inflammatory markers ( ESR and CRP), not dramatic but just a little higher than the normal range. In addition bloods taken at an insurance medical 10 months earlier from diagnosis also had a similar level of ESR. ( I got the insurance though!) 2 months after admission the results were back well into normal range and have stayed there. I did have a short course of high dose steroids when admitted.
Best wishes with all the tests. P.
Thank you for your response! I am freaking myself out about what the elevated inflammatory markers mean. I don't think I have RA but my doctor needed to rule it out.
afaith1 wrote: Thank you for your response! I am freaking myself out about what the elevated inflammatory markers mean. I don't think I have RA but my doctor needed to rule it out.

Hi,
I hope you don’t have m.s, but as a precaution I would do everything I could naturally to get my inflammation down. And In case you do have m.s at least you get a head start on getting things more under control
Get vitamin D levels checked if you can. ( you should aim to be in the high range )
Follow a less inflammatory diet.

You will be very stressed I’m sure, and as someone who is under stress right now, it’s important to do relaxing things and give yourself some time out. Whether it’s reading, walking, art or many on here do meditation.

All the best.
Thank you for the advice. I am VERY stressed right now. I will look into diet changes I can make to get the inflammation down. :D
5 posts Page 1 of 1