4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all, i am not seeing a lot of Covid-19 vaccination posts? I am interested in how others are tolerating the various vaccines? Im not looking for advice on which one to choose (if any) just how we MSers tolerate them.
I personally chose the Pfizer(Comirnaty) vaccine and was really Thirsty, Tired and really weak. if I hadn’t had the Vaccine I would have thought it was a relapse. After 3 days I was getting back to myself and right now i am on the second day after my 2nd jab.
Once again I know we are all different and this I not medical advice, or how your journey should be but i am interested.

Cheers
Lusky
1st sign no diagnosis Oct 1999, DX 2007, SPMS 2011.
Hi Lusky. I had the same make jab as you. I had a very stiff neck and stiff/painful arm, plus headache for a couple of days with first dose. Only a slightly stiff arm for second.
My boss had same make and has no health problems and was knocked off her feet with flu like symptoms for a couple of days.
I would say that it didn't affect my ms in any way.
L
Hi Lilly, I actually had the stiff neck as well with my first jab, it was like waking up with the worst sore neck ever lol. I used a heat pack on my neck and a couple of paracetamol tablets. But it was interesting 4 days after my 1st jab I had a really strong/positive feeling in my legs.
1st sign no diagnosis Oct 1999, DX 2007, SPMS 2011.
I had the Pfizer vaccine. The first shot wiped me out for four days; I was so weak I could hardly climb the stairs which is something I do not usuallt have trouble with unless I am fighting off a bug or very stressed. The second shot wiped me out for two days.

The flue shot I had in August 2020 also wiped me out for four days and I was so weak I could hardly do anything, just like having a bad bout of flu.

All the vaccine side effects faded though and I was back to normal within a few days. Makes me a bit nervous about this Autumn's flu shot and C19 booster shots though.

Is there any evidence to suggest that the vaccine-provoked immune response can trigger a relapse?