21 posts Page 2 of 3
you lucky NZ-ers!

I would like to echo the comments on here, especially re: science-y sounding BS, being grateful for not being given a guru,
BOO to fatty sausages, and add:

I feel best eating this way. My general health is better, my MS is better and I feel right about how I am eating, on so many levels.
Eating this way allows me not to think about how I wish I knew how to eat.
Freedom! Thank you again, George.

Sarah
Yes, that's why I said the program on the MSNZ website (from the book listed here http://www.msnz.org.nz/Page.aspx?pid=596) - it's great that you have information on fats and cholesterols and such, but I actually thought this was a forum for support, rather than being slapped over the hand each time we ask for help. I mean, I'm intrigued by Wahls, because it is the most accessible (maybe working on your tone would help with that), but I haven't eaten red meat since high school, so it would take some excessibely compelling evidence to make me start now. Cool. So, I'm not a moron (but thanks for reminding me to remind you of that), none of us are morons. Please try to remember that when "moderating" the forum.
It is a forum for support and one where we generally are not rude to each other and respect the time, experience and knowledge of the moderators.
Hi NZ Anomoly,

I don't think it's possible to strictly follow the Swank/OMS diets AND the Wahls protocol at the same time. One allows meat and the other doesn't. It would be possible to incorporate as much of Wahls into OMS as you can/want, e.g. 9 cups of veg a day, or cutting out all the things Wahls cuts out. Cutting more stuff out would of course make the diet even more restrictive and possibly harder to get calories/nutrition.

Chris
I second that nryan. Wendy is nothing short of AMAZING!!! You are so admired and appreciated Wendy. A thousand thank you's...
Love and light
Rose x
p.s. Oh and Sarah D, I wouldn't get too carried away thinking NZ is so "lucky" re: OMS awareness. I went to the AGM for the M.S Society today in Auckland and our ONLY buffet lunch option was meat casserole and roast vegetables macerated with cheese sauce! Oh I should mention that there was a green salad with lettuce and red onion.
OMS might be mainstream, but it is clearly not supported by the MS Society in Auckland N.Z, when lunch was served straight after we had just finished listening to one of the guest speakers talking about the compelling research results from the HOLISM study!!
I, too, support your response, nryan. I am shocked by your rudeness NZanomaly.
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
all I can say is "really"??! NZanomoly
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
I guess we all feel the same way - I just hope the NZ anomaly can remain here and get support - we are all pretty good at giving that - I am so thankful for everyone on this site for making the last twelve months so much better than they would have been had I not joined.
Yeah I guess I was just shocked by Wendy's tone - that's not the way I'd consider professional in my job. But I'm sure you're super-busy, so I did over-react to the brusque tone. Sorry. I guess my real question is, how does anyone fit their management-regime in with the rest of their life? It was already hard before now...
I had to make changes and put me first now because if I did not then later might be too late. Not saying at all it was easy but I did not want to rob my future because of pressures from the present. It helped having a supportive partner.
21 posts Page 2 of 3