16 posts Page 1 of 2
I have been doing the diet for a couple of weeks now and wondered is it normal to experience a lot of flatulance! Both me and my partner have constant flatulance. Maybe it is the change of food I am eating.

Thanks for your help.
I've been on the diet for nearly Four years now and for me, it hasn't got any better.

Interesting to see if anyone has a solution.

BG
If you are eating a lot of home cooked beans, soak them for 4 - 8 hours or overnight, throw out the soaking water and cook them with fresh water.
Be well, live long and prosper!
I believe it goes hand in hand with he diet..
This page has some quite helpful information on how to avoid flatulence, including the advice to eat protein at the start of a meal:

http://thescienceofeating.com/2015/08/1 ... lieve-gas/
The Gut Microbiome is KEY to optimal health.
The OMS site & forum are brilliant! Thanks, everyone! :D
I have a similar problem accompanied by lots of bloating. My GP recommended I look at FODMAP foods and try eliminating them to see which may affect me. I did eliminate them and had a big improvement however as we're already on a restricted diet this complicates things further. I am seeing a dietitian on Tuesday to get some help enduring I have enough nutrients in my diet. Here's a link to FODMAP foods
http://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/
This Too Shall Pass
Diagnosed June 2014
OMS September 2014
OMS Retreat February 2016
Are you eating Chia seeds? These little seeds cause this for me, I just can't have them. So it may not be the program but just a specific food.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
No, Kashu I haven't had chia seeds for months. It seems to be cabbage, mushroom, chick peas, onion, shallots and a few other things I absolutely love!
This Too Shall Pass
Diagnosed June 2014
OMS September 2014
OMS Retreat February 2016
Always what we love!
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Four years into OMS and now having almost no control over flatulence, I have given up somewhat and bought Shreddies anti-flatulence underwear (online from UK). Am about to see a dietitian regarding FODMAP, but got the underwear first.
Sorry to sound like an advert, but the underwear has been a godsend - I had got to the stage of not going out when it got too bad for one memorable, but short, period of time.
Shreddies uses a charcoal panel.
There is a Japanese product too, and they use some sort of ceramics in their fabric.As far as I know, they can only be bought online, and you have to get them sent to an intermediary Japanese online/purchase address (I don't exactly know what I'm talking about here - it all got too hard, which is why I opted for the UK product).
They're very expensive - say about $40 (Aust) a pair.

Ruth
16 posts Page 1 of 2