16 posts Page 2 of 2
Ruthmj I saw a dietitian this week and an excluding everything on the FODMAP chart for a month and then reintroducing one group at a time to see if it's one particular group I react to. I'll be sad to see my soy milk go, coffee is my one luxury!
This Too Shall Pass
Diagnosed June 2014
OMS September 2014
OMS Retreat February 2016
Hi Kylie

How's the FODMAPping going? Okay I hope.

Did you get the PM I sent you a week or so back? Is there anything you think I should be aware of before I see the dietitian next week?

Ruth
Hey all,

I tried eliminating foods and FODMAP before I went on to OMS. Now on OMS I too have flatulence and bloating. I avoid soya and other beans which eases the pains and IBS spasms. However years ago I use to take charcoal tablets to help absorb the excess internal gas...so I may go back to those.
Try some dairyfree probiotics but take them for a while to see if they work.

Add lots of fermented veges also. Perhaps giving your stomach some good bugs may help. I would also see if you have a candida problem.

OMS is a good quality way of eating so eventually your body should adjust to the changes and settle, unless there is something else going on.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Thanks. For me personally, it is mostly down to my IBS.
Thanks Kashu. I was taking fermented veges but they produced more gas I think. I started on the probiotics (dairy free) and they did help somewhat. What I'm now wondering is that maybe my bloating just appears more exaggerated because I am very slim, so as soon as I eat a meal it has nowhere to hide?
I don't get pain just discomfort at times. My main concern was was this bloating a form of inflammation that would cause my immune system would kick in- one doctor said yes another said no?
This Too Shall Pass
Diagnosed June 2014
OMS September 2014
OMS Retreat February 2016
16 posts Page 2 of 2