8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,
I am starting with this diet and I want to know, if is there someone with MS for more than 20 years and still fit and without problems.
Maybe I need a little bit hope and good news. :lol:
Thank you and sorry for my english ( I am not native speaker) :?
Ter
I'm not sure how long he's been on it but George Jelinek might be the best example.
There is hope.
Many on here have been well for long periods of time on OMS.
New drug therapies have also come far in recent years and they are not far off major breakthroughs in not only stopping m.s but fixing damage.
I like checking up on the web site..

http://www.ms-uk.org/MSnews
Blueberry wrote: I'm not sure how long he's been on it but George Jelinek might be the best example.
There is hope.
Many on here have been well for long periods of time on OMS.
New drug therapies have also come far in recent years and they are not far off major breakthroughs in not only stopping m.s but fixing damage.
I like checking up on the web site..

http://www.ms-uk.org/MSnews

Yes, he's the best example, you are right :)
thank you, i will checkt it !
There are so many studies going on in different parts of the world, good news coming on day by day, BUT I do not see any REAL steps forward with treating MS. What I can see appearing are just different types of immunosuppressive drugs.
Can we really expect any REMYELINATION drugs in the NEAR future? Are there any real steps being taken into this direction?
For instance I have seen some studies on mice where they said that if clinical studies goes ok we will have a remyelination drug in.......10 years!
Let me have your opinions on this.
To answer your original question:
I was diagnosed in 1989 so 28 years ago. I am now 57.

I do have a few limitations now, mostly stamina/fatigue based, but I've only been following OMS for 4.5 of those 28 years. I can still walk, albeit not too far at the moment, say 2km before a rest is needed and I use a stick/Nordic poles after about 1km. I walk a lot more now than say 6 or 7 years ago.

I have improved a lot since starting OMS. Many symptoms have gone completely. My neurologist now says I have had no deterioration for 3 years and my MS is stable despite having a diagnosis of primary progressive MS.

I very firmly believe that if I did not have the damage from 23 years of MS without knowing about or following OMS I would be as fit as those who start OMS from day one and avoid deteriorating in the first place.

Congratulations on finding and following OMS and I wish you all the very best!

Sue
MS dx 1989, OMS Jan 2013
thank you for your answers!
I think that OMS is one of the best medicines and we can live normal life with it for a long time :)

I wish good health to everyone :)
xeon550 wrote: There are so many studies going on in different parts of the world, good news coming on day by day, BUT I do not see any REAL steps forward with treating MS. What I can see appearing are just different types of immunosuppressive drugs.
Can we really expect any REMYELINATION drugs in the NEAR future? Are there any real steps being taken into this direction?
For instance I have seen some studies on mice where they said that if clinical studies goes ok we will have a remyelination drug in.......10 years!
Let me have your opinions on this.

http://www.ms-uk.org/potential-myelin-r ... ical-trial

Human trials have been started and this isn't a drug to suppress immune system.
It's very exciting for those of us with damage. I will never stop OMS however.
Hi all,

I just wanted to contribute by sharing the current side effects of the drug (Bexarotene) that has been mentioned regarding myelin repair. In all honesty, they are quite daunting side effects (as most of the ongoing DMT's prescribed for MS). One of the best parts of OMS is that in addition to its impact on effective MS management, the side effects involved are only positive. :)

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-c ... de-effects

Wishing you all the best,
Kemal
8 posts Page 1 of 1