6 posts Page 1 of 1
My OH is on the diet, and is fairly good at following it, but is not very strict. (sneaks in a bit of chocolate, fish & chips, ice cream etc. now and then to get his fix!)

He has lost a fair amount of weight in the last 12 months, and he wasn't fat to begin with. I mentioned it to the neuro at his last appointment, but they were not concerned, and suggested seeing a dietician. (which he has not done yet - as a typical male, its difficult to pin him down for health related appointments !!) He had an FBE done, and it came back all normal.

I don't know if its the elimination of dairy (he used to have a few bowls of cereal with milk every day, plus lots of cheese) or the copaxone. But it does concern me.......
Hiya, I think it's probably diet rather than a copaxone side effect. It's amazing how much weight you shed by lowering fat intake (and he's probably reduced it a lot even if he does sometimes 'cheat'). It's important for him to make sure he's eating enough healthy fat (omega 3s from fish and linseed oil etc) and eating enough in general - lots of veg and unrefined carbohydrates. Other than that, if he feels healthy, don't stress too much about the weight loss.

Best of luck with it
Thanks for your reassurance Catriona. He doesn't take the fish oils - I think I'll have to start putting them in front of him and standing there until he takes them....

What I find frustrating is that I'm on the same diet, but I'm not losing weight. Could have done with losing a kilo or two. Oh well.
Question is: what is too much weight? The ideal weight for a human being is probably a lot less than western conceptions would have us beieve. I get lots of people telling me that I have lost too much weight. Too much for them maybe - I am actually starting to feel quite healthy. I have my fingers crossed that the diet is starting to work.

Tell your OH that if he is going to cheat, then do not cheat with chocolate. It contains dairy you know (at least most of it does).

Gareth
Start him on 5 jelly beans twice a day and if he doesn't improve increase the dosage to 10. This should solve the problem in no time. ;)
CTucker wrote: Start him on 5 jelly beans twice a day and if he doesn't improve increase the dosage to 10. This should solve the problem in no time. ;)

Love it !!!

Had us both laughing...
6 posts Page 1 of 1