33 posts Page 1 of 4
I've been following the diet now for 5 months and in that time I've lost nearly 13kg. I'm 174cm tall and now only weigh 55kg. I am eating a lot of food still and often. I describe it to people as grazing for the day on dried fruit and nuts and fresh fruit too, as well as more substantial meals for breakfast lunch and dinner. I am a little worried about this amount of weight loss and although I feel fantastic and not tired or lethargic I don't want to keep losing weight. Does anyone know of more fattening foods that aren't high in saturated fats? Or any other ways to help put on a little more weight? I am also not overdoing the exercise, Pilates three times a week and swimming once a week.
My weight stabilized when i started to drink almond milk. I like it spiced and use a blender - put 300 ml almond milk with 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp cardamon, 1/4 tsp vanillapowder and 2 tsp good, dark cocoa.
Some brands of almond milk have a lot of suger in which I avoid, Whole Foods has a nice one.
Thanks, I'll try that. :)
Eating more carbs might help - baked potatoes are a great easy meal and salads could have added grains like rice, bulgur wheat or quinoa.
Nataliee wrote: I've been following the diet now for 5 months and in that time I've lost nearly 13kg. I'm 174cm tall and now only weigh 55kg. I am eating a lot of food still and often. I describe it to people as grazing for the day on dried fruit and nuts and fresh fruit too, as well as more substantial meals for breakfast lunch and dinner. I am a little worried about this amount of weight loss and although I feel fantastic and not tired or lethargic I don't want to keep losing weight. Does anyone know of more fattening foods that aren't high in saturated fats? Or any other ways to help put on a little more weight? I am also not overdoing the exercise, Pilates three times a week and swimming once a week.

Hi Nataliee,
How are you doing now, haven't lost any more weight since December I hope? I have the same problem; though I haven't lost as much as you. I have lost at least 6 kg since December, and am still going down. I am 176 cm and weigh about 62 kg now. I don't want to lose any more, because my clothes don't fit anymore, and I don't want to be real skinny. Moreover, losing weight also means loss of muscles and that I don't need at all! I need my muscles real bad ;-)!!
I feel I eat quite a lot; bread, pasta, rice,potatoes, nuts and nutspread, olive oil, flaseedoil, fishoil, raisins, fruit and fruitjuices, vegetables, beans, soy yoghurt and so on. I try to eat even more but I don't know whether that is the solution or that I should increase the amount of unsaturated fatty food?! Or something else?!
Anyone with any more tips, please let me know!
I'm not losing weight. I thought I will when I eliminated dairy and cakes. In the first week or two I did lose 1-2 kg but that goes up and down, and basically my weight is the same.

But I can uderstand that you are losing, because it seems to me that this diet is very light and even if you eat a lot this is all low fat low calorie things. I did notice I'm hungry all the time no matter how much I eat. This is the main reason of going astray and back to my old eating habits - I'm just always hungry. :(

I can eat a lot of fish with potatoes and salad, but after half and hour I'm hungry again and thinking what I could eat now?

My height is 167,5cm, and my weight is about 58kg.
martina, i find pasta really fullfilling ;) with the added bonus that spices and dressings give it a nice flavour reminding junk-food :lol:
This is not a low fat diet, just low saturated fat. We should be getting plenty of good oils with oily fish, fish oil and flax oil.

Re weight loss; I lost 11 kg, when I got down to a good weight for me (what I weighed when I was 25) everything stabilised. I didn't change what I ate, didn't worry about my weight, I just enjoyed my new way of eating and how much better my mental and physical quality of life is now.

Wendy
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
I know I have unsaturated fat intake, but still I am losing weight. Good to hear that you don't have these problems (anymore) but someone please give me some tips? That's what I need! Thanks so much!
Hi Dutchgirl,

I wonder if you are eating enough?

Cheers,

Sue
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
33 posts Page 1 of 4