33 posts Page 3 of 4
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
good suggestion on the almond milk shake. I am hungry right now! Maybe a bit of decent peanut butter swirled in would help too.

I
Hi,

i've finally stabilised with my weight and sticking around the 57-58kg mark. i have increased what i eat plus i'm eating more potatoes which seemed to help.
I found in the early days of this diet ( probably the first 6 months ) I had a big weight loss but than it stabilized and slowly returned to a comfortable weight.
I also went through a period where I carefully monitored my weight and found that the minute I omitted soy milk ( rice, oat or almond ) I would loose weight quite dramatically; 2/3 kg's in a week.
So for me weight gaining comes from milk. Perhaps you could try to add a few glasses here and there. Smoothies or something...whoops I've just read that this has been suggested. Sorry :roll:
love and light
Rose x
Hi all

I have been on the diet since Aug 11 and also lost a lot of weight initially, however that seemed to plateau after about 6 months (Ive never been one to weigh in but I know I have gone down a jeans size which is fine)

My problem was I did start to lose hair around Christmas time and as well as feeling more lethargic than usual I decided to go to a Natural Medical Centre (Naturopath). She has put me on protein shakes as I was losing muscle mass as well as my hair. I now have a Rice Protein shake once every couple of days that I add frozen berries, banana & almonds to, using Almond or Oat milk to mix with it and sometimes add Flax oil too. This seems to have stopped my hair loss and time will tell on the muscle mass.

I have another quick question completely aside from this topic; Can anyone tell me as I have been taking both fish oil and flax for 9 months now is it ok to just swap to flax oil only - problem being that I don't eat seafood, so am not eating any oily fish - or should I keep taking the fish oil supps as well?

Thanks
Michelle
I have another quick question completely aside from this topic; Can anyone tell me as I have been taking both fish oil and flax for 9 months now is it ok to just swap to flax oil only - problem being that I don't eat seafood, so am not eating any oily fish - or should I keep taking the fish oil supps as well?

Thanks
Michelle

Hi Michelle,
Thanks for your reply. I might try protein shakes! My main concern about my weight loss is loss of muscles; my physiotherapist noticed that my muscles seemed ' thinner' and I experience a great endurance problem lately (not being able to stand or walk for a long time).

About your question about taking flaxseedoil after 9 months if you don't eat seafood; I had exactly the same one. Since I couldn't figure it out I sent George a private message (in bold is his answer):

" I have been a vegetarian for more than 20 years. I have put aside my principles for my health and started taking 6g of fishoil daily to build up until body fat stores are saturated with alpha-linolenic acid. It says on the FAQ that this takes about nine months, and that after that you can take only flaxseed oil. I wonder if taking only flaxseed oil will be enough (after these 9 months), if you don’t eat fish either?"Yes that will be enough, although you can take more (40-50mls/day)

That should answer your question! ;-)
Maybe you are also interested in this topic I placed on the forum:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2037

Good luck and be well!
Lizet
This is funny.

Have you ever heard of a more successful weight loss program? It is a shame that you have to develop MS to find out about it.lol

I have two ladies at work who have turned vegan as a result of seeing my changing shape and they have battled weight all their lives.

I have lost 8 kgs now in 6 months, bang on my healthy BMI, and eating more potatoes to stabilize things.

What about we all gather photos of us wearing the old ill fitting clothes to demonstrate weightloss? We could then make into a calendar and sell to raise funds for MS research and promote the OMS all in one to everyone including the 60% of the population who are overweight.

Here are some suggested calendar monthly titles for Jan, Feb, March etc:

'Try the OMS program: you could lose more than you think'

'Lose your baggage and gain back your life on the OMS program'

'MS 'cure' delivers spectacular side effects: a new skinny you'

'If weighloss is the question, your answer is the OMS program'

A bit of Friday fun.
Blessings
Alex

Developed 5 May 2011, Diagnosed 4 Aug 2011, OMS 15 Sept 2011, Gluten-Free 22 February 2012, Recovery declaration 2 September 2014, recanting of recovery declaration due to relapse 14 October 2019.
Thanks for your reply Lizet - thats good to know!

I really do love the taste of the Flax Oil and put it on most things so am quite happy to up my intake on that and have 5 less tablets to take a day!

It is amazing how many people have told me how great I am looking - and yet ironically they don't know how sick my body is! It is certainly a big plus which helps me to stay focused, especially as its Easter time and my first without Chocolate.

Thanks again

Michelle
Hi Michelle,

You're welcome! Are you feeling better also or just looking better? :mrgreen: People do tell me as well that I look good, despite MS. I don't think they say so just to be polite. I do believe it has a lot to do with our diet. I haven't noticed a great difference in a positive sense, but small changes (e.g. no tingling sensations in my feet anymore). I haven't been on the diet that long, so I just have to be patient. At least I am not getting worse! :D

But I am interested to know whether you feel any different after taking fishoil for 9 months (I've only been taking it for about 2 months now)? You don't eat seafood at all and haven't done so in the past?

Yep, easter without chocolate...Kinda sad...I used to be a big fan of it but now I simply would not be able to eat it. I know what the consequences are and it just wouldn't be worth it. It just would not taste the same... :shock:
Let's just boil eggs and paint them and eat those (except for the eggyolk ofcourse)! :lol:

Have a good weekend!
Lizet
shellando wrote: [...]My problem was I did start to lose hair around Christmas time [...] I decided to go to a Natural Medical Centre (Naturopath). She has put me on protein shakes as I was losing muscle mass as well as my hair. I now have a Rice Protein shake once every couple of days that I add frozen berries, banana & almonds to, using Almond or Oat milk to mix with it and sometimes add Flax oil too. This seems to have stopped my hair loss[...]
Hi Michelle, I'm very interested to hear about hair your loss. My friend is on the OMS diet and has lost a huge amount of hair. She saw the GP, had a blood test (other than high iron, everything seems normal), we haven't a clue what to do about it. She's generally fit and healthy (if stressed). It sounds as if a protein boost is worth a try. Please do let us know if your hair loss continues remedied.
33 posts Page 3 of 4