15 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi,

I have a question about the diet. I followed it for 8 months now, and everything is going great, I have no problems with not eating meat and keeping away from dairy products. I eat no candy whatsoever, no sugar, but why is it that my belly is growing? I eat fresh vegetables and fruit almost every day and we (my husband and I) eat fresh salmon or tofu for dinner. I am 168m of height, my weight is 58kg, so I am not fat at all, but my belly is fat, rock hard even. It seems like I carry a child within me, but I am not (last time I checked). Can anybody help me and have some tips about what I should stop eating because I am getting a little depressed about it.

Many thanks!

Ilse
Hi hun,

I know if I eat too much bread (be it wholemeal or white) I get very very bloated - same with pasta. Are you eating white rice or couscous/bulgar wheat? These things tend to cause bloating.

I hope this has helped a little...
Hi Chelle,

Thanks for your reply. I do eat wholewheat bread and pasta, but not in large quantities. If eat rice, it is also brown rice, quinoa is also one of my favorites.

For the moment I am counting calories, to see whether I'm eating to much of it all.

Maybe I am allergic to something, I don't know.

Best regards,

Ilse
Get it checked by you doctor, don't assume it is food.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Hi Ilse,

Interesting problem you have - my first thought was that I wondered what your doctor said about it. I reckon that if you haven't already asked, then, as Kashu says ... get it checked by your doctor.

Ruth
Kashu wrote: Get it checked by you doctor, don't assume it is food.

Very very good point!
I went to several doctors at different times. They all say the same thing: you have a lazy intestine complex, there is nothing to do about it.

My loss... :(
Hi Ilse,

If you have a "lazy intestine", I wonder if you would get any benefit from eating something containing probiotics (the good bacteria) such as found in yoghurt?

You can get this from fermented soy products (soy yoghurt) and from sauerkraut, and miso.

'Tis just a thought!
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Ilse wrote: I went to several doctors at different times. They all say the same thing: you have a lazy intestine complex, there is nothing to do about it.

My loss... :(

To be honest I wouldn't buy that - sounds like my doctor when he doesn;t have an answer for something. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Maybe try going gluten free - I have bloated tummy and bowel issues at times and this really helps me (infact I am gradually replacing food items with gluten free - so I will be completely gluten free soon).

I hope this relieves some of that horrible uncomfortable feeling. Good luck :)
Hi,

Thank you all for the good advice. I 've thought about going gluten free, but I'm afraid off the adjustments here. We drink already gluten free soy-milk.
My husband always bakes our wholewheat bread, which is very tasty, but I'm scared that gluten free may not taste so lovely and that eating this, the diet becomes more difficult. :?

Also probiotics, isn 't it something that you can only find in yoghurt? I 've never seen it being in Soy-yoghurt or soy-milk.

Best regards,

Ilse
15 posts Page 1 of 2