6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hey all...newbie here, been following the diet for about 3 months, and now that I have that down, I am incorporating other aspects of the program (some yoga and meditation, vitamin d, etc.) Here is my problem...I also have Crohn's disease (diagnosed at age 11). As a person living with Crohn's, my goal has usually been to try and GAIN weight, not lose it. My gastro told me to "eat lots of milk shakes and peanut butter". Well, that is obviously not happening. But, since starting OMS, I am down to 132'pounds. I feel great, but I am continuing to lose weight...any suggestions on how to keep weight on while following the program?
Forgive me, I should know this - can you eat brown rice? Onr thing I do is eat loads of homemade bread and wholemeal pasta which bulked me up because I went down to 9 stone 10 pounds!! Could you eat gluten free breads or perhaps soya milkshakes?
Take Care

Phil XX
http://www.justgiving.com/phil-king5. OMS 2012
"Don't Cry - Laugh" - Roy Castle ( TV Personality and Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation)
"If you are bored you must be a boring person!" Ina Sansom (My Gran)
I'm not sure what grains/whole foods you can eat but I have found porridge made with oats is great for stabilising even gaining weight. Quinoa or rice porridge is very nice as an alternative to oats. This is a good recipe for rice pudding which I have cold for breakfast:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2408
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Everyone loses weight on this diet and the Swank diet but me. I am always having to focus on losing weight. Yikes!

Rebecca
Porridge ... mmmm ... remember the maple syrup or honey ... that should add a few calories!

I wonder what effect this diet will have on your Crohn's disease ... I expect it will benefit that, also. I am reading "The China Study", and it is reported therein that all auto-immune diseases have a much, much lesser incidence amongst those who consume a low saturated fat, whole food, plant based diet.

You might get better absorption of nutrients, too!

Are you taking flax oil?
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
What Sue says is spot on, read the China Study, my view is it is the most important book to read second only to George's good book.

Really hope you are ok!

Take Care

Phil XXX
http://www.justgiving.com/phil-king5. OMS 2012
"Don't Cry - Laugh" - Roy Castle ( TV Personality and Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation)
"If you are bored you must be a boring person!" Ina Sansom (My Gran)
6 posts Page 1 of 1