4 posts Page 1 of 1
Has anyone else gained weight on the oms diet? I see that most people lose weight, but that is not the case for me.
Hi there

You are not alone! Prior to finding OMS I managed to lose three stone. Since beginning OMS I have put 2 stone back on. I think there are a couple of reasons for this:

1) I began OMS after suffering a relapse that affected my mobility, so I don't move around as much as I used to (I have been on crutches for 18 months).

2) I have also been diagnosed with slow transit constipation, which means that I don't go to the loo as often as I used to (sometimes as infrequently as once a week).

I am sure that the initial weight gain was due to my relapse but I am very surprised that I have not been able to shift ANYTHING despite my mobility slowly improving.

Is it possible that you have had similar experiences? It can get a bit disheartening reading about everyone else's weight loss when you are struggling at the opposite end of the scale! (though I appreciate that it must be just as hard for people who can't afford to lose!).

I have tried going back to the original detox I did which helped me lose the weight prior to OMS, but sticking with all the OMS principles (so in effect I did 2 days with no carbs and then ate smaller amounts of carbs than usual fort another 8 days). I lost maybe a pound or two, but nowhere near the 7lb loses I had experienced first time round!

I am afraid I don't have any answers for you, but I can sympathise!

Rachel
Thank you for your insights, Rachel.
I actually haven't been less active than before the diet. I think my problem is that I've been so focused on all the things I'm not supposed to eat that I'm not eating balanced enough. I'm not creative with my meals and tend to eat the same stuff all the time.

I don't know about you, but initially I felt really sad about having to follow a diet. I love food, and the thought of never eating cheese, chocolate, etc again was depressing. I feel better now, but maybe that was affecting the weight gain in the beginning? Hopefully it will stabilize.
Next on my list, now that the diet is under control, is to exercise more. I have a feeling that will be challenging.... :)
Maybe try keeping a food diary for a couple of weeks and see how balanced your diet is? Also check portion sizes and make sure you're not eating too many carbs?

I didn't really mind changing my diet. I now don't miss meat, cheese or chocolate, and I really never thought I'd say that!

Rachel
4 posts Page 1 of 1