9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am a very slim person and in terms of weight maintenance, I am doing very poorly on this diet.
In just 2 weeks, I have lost 2 kilos! I really cannot afford to lose more! Already sleeping on my side is now a bit painful as my bones dig into the mattress.
What food can I have that would make me gain weight but still be OK with the OMS? Help before I vanish completely!
Congratulations inflames on starting the program. You are obviously following it strictly because that is exactly what happens initially. Good job.

Yes, I think Prof J could make a fortune as the next weight loss guru.

Seriously, to stop you fading away you need to eat potatoes, rice, pasta with your meals as well as your 20 tabs of fish oil a day.

You can eat the oily fish 3 times in the week and eat white fish at other meals.

Try hearty rolled oats, banana, with soy milk and dash of honey followed by two pieces of toast with EVOO and vegemite.

Lunch could be a lentil Dahl served on brown rice with a salad.

Dinner might be mashed potatoes pumpkin in rice milk with chopped parsley, EVOO, salt and pepper with steamed veggies and a nice juicy BBQ piece I'd salmon accompanied by a glass or two of red wine!

Man oh man this ain't a diet! It's a delicious healthy way of life.

Best of luck.
Blessings
Alex

Developed 5 May 2011, Diagnosed 4 Aug 2011, OMS 15 Sept 2011, Gluten-Free 22 February 2012, Recovery declaration 2 September 2014, recanting of recovery declaration due to relapse 14 October 2019.
I agree with Alex - load up the carbs - wholemeal breads, pasta and rice. I eat a huge (very) bowl of porridge for breakfast each day, with fruit and different spices thrown in. I eat until I'm stuffed, then I still eat some more (greedy person). The more delicious recipes you find, the more you'll want to eat them. Go for what you love most. Bake some OMS friendly cakes if that's your thing and get stuck in. Love the food!! Revel in it!!! And eat, eat, eat it.
Hi Inflames

I definitely had the same issue to begin with and thankfully after 8 months on the diet my weight has stabilized after a total loss of 12 kilos (I was slim to begin with). People were initially concerned and I didn't look very well for a while but my body has adjusted now and I keep getting told how well I look and considering how Ill I have been for the past two years is really nice to hear. The diet works.

Absolutely agree with Alex and Cinderella don't forget about carbs, porridge, brown rice etc. Oily fish, avocados, nut butters, lentils. Big smoothies.

I hope your weight stabilizes and you start feeling better. Also weight bearing exercise might help replace some of the fat you have been losing with muscle.
simply put plant based whole food is less calorie dense so you naturally need to eat more, I do this by eating more often
I agree with veg. I eat all of the time. When I cook, I make extra so I know that I can always access OMS friendly chow when I need it. I lost about 16 pounds (7 kg) when I first started. I think my body had to adjust and so did I. I eat a lot! (And I love every minute of eating!) I'm not very big either and didn't really need to lose weight. I've put half of what I lost back on now and am finding it easier and easier to have the food I need around. My husband used to be the only leftover eater. Now he's lucky if he gets any of them. :D

Food I have around:
Something sweet: Wendy's chocolate cake (at the moment) or blueberry crisp
Fruit: grapes are always good, watermelon - my favorite - is in season at the moment. That, too!
Toast with flax oil and jam is another good snack for me
Leftover steamed anything: today I had sweet potatoes, broccoli, beets and toast for lunch!
I have GF crackers with salsa sometimes
I also love hummus and have crackers/bread with it. Filling.

It is possible to find OMS friendly protein shake additives and I did that for a while. Now not so much but it helped me when I was at my lightest.
I have learnt to adore sweet potato. I have it most days for lunch topped with salad and homemade mayonnaise or sometimes just with flaxseed oil. Simple , delicious and filling.
Hi,

Never once did I ever have a problem losing weight on this diet. Instead, I can easily gain weight and always have to watch what I eat so I don't totally blossom. Others suggest using more carbs. I think it would also help to eat sunflower seeds and nuts such as walnuts regularly. These are loaded with healthy fats of the type found by Swank to reduce disability in MS. At the same time they have relatively low levels of saturated fats. Of course, we all need to count saturated fats until we are sure we are keeping them down to an appropriate level. I personally always get less than10 grams of saturated fats each day.

Also you might want to try making yourself a trail mix out of dried fruit and nuts. These are very tasty and have been known to fatten up even natural skinnies. Think more snacks--for example, air popped popcorn with flaxseed oil and salt in place of butter is a good even snack.

Wish I had your problem!
Thank you so much everone for your answers.
Sorry for not replying earlier, but my eyesight is rather bad atthe moment.iapologise for the typos in advance!

In the past, I have consulted my GP fpr my weight issues already. It seems I have a veryfastmetabolism. Iam eatingconstantly but dtill find it hard to put on weight.

I have also started to exercise as well as doing the diet, so I know it does not help with weight maintenance.

Do you know ifthere are any supplements i could take beforeexercising that could bebeneficial tome and Ok with the OMS?

Regards
9 posts Page 1 of 1