4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi
My wonderful wife has found some crisps that may be OK to eat under the OMS diet. Just wanted to see what people think.
They are called "Just Crisps" and are friend in cold pressed rapeseed oil, the frying temp being 184 degrees. OK, they're still processed, and still salty- but for the very occasional treat it would seem that from an oil/temperature point of view they might well be acceptable. Any thoughts?
I would avoid these because they are fried and, if you want a treat, go for something baked like Pop Chips. Any of these sort of products are processed though, so not ideal and beware that many flavours contain dairy.
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
Hard to tell really. Pop chips have sunflower oil in them, so not ideal even though they've not been fried (sadly). Just Crisps have cold pressed rapeseed oil, so the oil is OK by OMS. If it hasn't been heated above 190-200 degrees, it won't have been altered to a "bad" oil, will it? I'm pretty new to this and find it quite confusing.
Ultimately neither are good, but not heard of low temp fried crisps. In theory should be OK if sat fats are low. I just remember that Pop Chips were marked as not good, but not too bad on my MS retreat.

Just had a look at their website and the're cold pressed rapeseed which is OK, but on Amazon it says 2.2g of sat fat per 33g which is pretty high. Pop Chips are 0.3g of sat fat per 23g, so much lower, but it's sunflower oil. So neither are great and it's your call on sat fat versus sunflower oil. Best bet would be carrot batons and homemade hummus.
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
4 posts Page 1 of 1