11 posts Page 1 of 2
I am 35 year old unmarried female, i am 5feet 2 inch and my current weight is 63 kg/ 140 ib after one year dieting started when i was 77 kg.I have high cholestrol and high LDL issue in genes (my father had high cholestrol with high bp issue). My Blood pressure is normal, My cholestrol was 207 mg/dl, LDL = 160 mg/dl and HDL= 40mg/dl from 2011 to june 2015 with few up and downs but in reports of oct 2015 and march 2016 my cholestrol is increase up to 260 mg/dl, LDL = 198mg/dl, HDL=51mg/dl, triglycerides = 100mg/dl since i am only eating olive oil cooked food but only two/ three table spoon daily,
my other results are
Liver function test result are ALT/SPGT = 16U/L, SGOT = 19U/L, alkaline phosphate = 114 U/L ,
i am vitamin D deficient. march 2016 current level of vitmain D(25-OH) =26ng/ml . i take 600000 IU two injections in 2013 when my level was 4ng/ml and then i take 200000 IU one capsule in oct 2015 .
My prolactine level is also high since 2002 means between 75 to 100 ng/ml
My menstrual cycle is also irregular means come with gap of 40 to 70 days.

kindly tell me why my cholestrol and LDL is high if SPGT/ALT is normal. What diet should i take for lowering my cholestrol and LDL. Since august 2015 i limit my whole day oil consumtion is olive oil two table spoon in a day and one table spoon purified butter in a day. once in a week i eat one dunkin donut, 250 gram yougard . i eat one egg daily.
Sheba wrote: I am 35 year old unmarried female, i am 5feet 2 inch and my current weight is 63 kg/ 140 ib after one year dieting started when i was 77 kg.I have high cholestrol and high LDL issue in genes (my father had high cholestrol with high bp issue). My Blood pressure is normal, My cholestrol was 207 mg/dl, LDL = 160 mg/dl and HDL= 40mg/dl from 2011 to june 2015 with few up and downs but in reports of oct 2015 and march 2016 my cholestrol is increase up to 260 mg/dl, LDL = 198mg/dl, HDL=51mg/dl, triglycerides = 100mg/dl since i am only eating olive oil cooked food but only two/ three table spoon daily,
my other results are
Liver function test result are ALT/SPGT = 16U/L, SGOT = 19U/L, alkaline phosphate = 114 U/L ,
i am vitamin D deficient. march 2016 current level of vitmain D(25-OH) =26ng/ml . i take 600000 IU two injections in 2013 when my level was 4ng/ml and then i take 200000 IU one capsule in oct 2015 .
My prolactine level is also high since 2002 means between 75 to 100 ng/ml
My menstrual cycle is also irregular means come with gap of 40 to 70 days.

I'm sorry I don't have answers to most of your questions, but the things that come to mind are:
1) are you taking vitamin D3 on a daily basis?
2) are you cooking everything you eat with the olive oil and the purified butter, are you frying everything?
3) what other meat and dairy are you eating?
4) Do you eat both the white and yolk of the eggs?
5) other than the donut, are you eating a lot of processed foods?
6) are you eating white or refined sugar?

kindly tell me why my cholestrol and LDL is high if SPGT/ALT is normal. What diet should i take for lowering my cholestrol and LDL. Since august 2015 i limit my whole day oil consumtion is olive oil two table spoon in a day and one table spoon purified butter in a day. once in a week i eat one dunkin donut, 250 gram yougard . i eat one egg daily.

I googled foods that raise LDL levels and found this page Foods that raise LDL If you read the page, you'll see that the butter, yogurt and egg yolks will be working against your LDL levels.
Be well, live long and prosper!
Also are you eating refined flours, breads? Refined sugar? Food that comes ready made/processed?
My cholesterol was high but has dropped since being on the diet.
I'm also same height as you, I weigh 55kg.
High cholesterol runs in my family too.
I was on 20mg of Prozac ( for 20 years! ) antidepressants raises cholesterol.,
since I started LDN 10 months a go I've been able to wean off Prozac to 10mg.
Smoking raises it too.
And watch the salt intake.
Hope your can be fixed with simple little changes like mine.
All the best.
Thanks Blueberry

Actually my father has died in 2015 june and since july my cholestrol become increase from 207 to 220 then 253 in oct 2015 and now 260 in march 2016. Do you think this is because of stress which i have taken after my father death because since august i am very very strickly eating very low oil like 2 spoon / day like fry my omlet in one spoon of olive oil and one spoon in my lunch or dinner .
Sheba wrote: Thanks Blueberry

Actually my father has died in 2015 june and since july my cholestrol become increase from 207 to 220 then 253 in oct 2015 and now 260 in march 2016. Do you think this is because of stress which i have taken after my father death because since august i am very very strickly eating very low oil like 2 spoon / day like fry my omlet in one spoon of olive oil and one spoon in my lunch or dinner .

So sorry to hear about your father, sending love!
The stress of loosing a loved one could well be contributing to creating these results.
Stress is not good for us and the body doesn't do well in this state.

Is there a chance your diet suffered a bit during this period? I know when your down and stressed looking after yourself is not high on ones agenda.

On OMS frying in oil is a no no.
If you are having an Ommlett ( hard to do without oil, but in a good non stick pan is possible) I'm sure your not.. But no egg yolk allowed.

The oil we are recommended to consume is flaxseed oil. 30-40ml a day. This is higher in omega 3 than fish oil and doesn't have the Mercury. The saturated fat in our flaxseed oil doesn't count in our saturated fat limit.
Olive oil can be used in dressing and some baking ( but not over a certain temperature)

Some people use meditation to bring down stress, there are guided meditation sessions on this site.
I'm not good at meditation so I do relaxing activities instead. Like reading a book, gardening, grooming the cat or dogs. Walking etc..

To sum all,this up..
I would double check what you are eating with this diet.
My mother... (she's the one with high cholesterol) joined me on the OMS diet and her cholesterol dropped enough that her doctor reduced her medication.

Be nice to yourself and try ways to reduce stress, ( it's hard I know)
All the best.
X
Thanks again Blueberry

Can you guide me what is OMS diet? what should be break fast, lunch and dinner?
I live in pakistan and there is flaxseed oil is not available cooking.
My daily routine lunch is egg with two slice bread or whole wheat porridge
lunch and dinner is mazimum 500 calories.
Flaxseed oil is never used in cooking as it shouldn't be heated/cooked.
Simplified view of what to eat or not eat.
https://overcomingms.org/recovery-progr ... ot-to-eat/
This thread lots of ideas.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3223&hilit=Today+menu+add+yours
The FAQ section has everything covered as overcoming MS is more than just what you eat.
I don't know what mazimum is to comment?
We shouldn't be eating egg yolk it has too much saturated fat.
Sheba wrote: Thanks again Blueberry

Can you guide me what is OMS diet? what should be break fast, lunch and dinner?
I live in pakistan and there is flaxseed oil is not available cooking.
My daily routine lunch is egg with two slice bread or whole wheat porridge
lunch and dinner is mazimum 500 calories.

As veg said we can't cook in any oil.
I cook in sauces, water or bake food or boil.
OMS diet is the diet we follow on here.
Lots of nice recipes in that section on this site.
Again egg is only allowed without the yolk.
As one egg has 10grams of saturated fat which is pretty much our daily allowance of saturated fat for the day.
Rather than counting calories try counting saturated fat.
No more than 15grams a day, if you find flaxseed oil or use fish oil the saturated fat in these isn't counted in your total allowance for the day.

My breakfast is porrige with blueberries, honey, cinnamon and a sprinkle of tumerick. With oat or soy milk.

My lunch is sometimes grainy bread or gluten free bread with salmon, avocado ( watch out with avocados treat them like butter as are high in saturated fat) and salad.

Dinner is baked fish and salad, or gluten free pasta, sauce and black beans and spinach. Or rice and veggies and beans.

I drink water, often with lemon in it.
Sometimes have the odd wine.

Our diet is about trying to eat as unprocessed foods as possible.
Avoid if you can preservatives, colours, artificial flavourings.
A way to describe it is Vegan with fish, no coconut, no cooking in oil.
Read every label as there is so much hidden in our foods, over time you will find it easier to shop and will no longer need to do this, same as counting the saturated fat, over time you will just know how much is in what.

Get blood tests every now and then, check iron levels and b12 levels and vit D levels.
Hope this helps
X
thanks Blueberry i will follow what ever you said.
My Vit D , b12 is ok means medium level
11 posts Page 1 of 2