3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, I’ve been on this diet for many years now.
As I prepare for HSCT in Moscow ( April 1st it starts ) I’m getting myself in the best shape I can for the procedure.

So I went to the dentist today,
He kept asking if I’d been eating a lot of sweets. Which I haven’t.
But we worked out my major tooth decay and issues have been caused by drinking lemon water.
Now we know we drink lemon water as it becomes alkaline in the gut.
But on the teeth it’s pure acid.

I thought brushing my teeth afterwards would solve and corrosive issues but no!
According to the dentist this is the worst thing you can do, it actually makes your teeth erode more.

He wanted me to cease drinking it.
But I said is there anyway I can drink it without such damage.
He said if you must, don’t do it too often. And swish water in mouth afterwards and drink a glass of water.

So beware everyone or you will end up with a massive dentist bill like me.
You'd think swishing water around your mouth afterwards would be enough to negate any damage that may occur. Would getting a second opinion be worth it maybe? Nothing else you are eating could have added to the damage? Would drinking it with a straw help?
My dentist took photos and showed me, so I know what he is saying is unfortunately true.
I do have weak enamel due to having antibiotics as a baby, so this wouldn’t have helped.
But up until now I’ve never had decay.

I brush twice a day and nothing I’m eating could be the cause.

Lemon juice is often used as a cleaner as it’s so acidic out of the gut.

I’m sure it can’t be good for teeth, throats and internal passages before it gets to the gut.
Definitely swishing water is important ( and now drink it through a straw like you suggested ) I also now follow it up with a glass of water.

My ‘go to drink’ use to be half a lemon squeezed in a glass of water 4 times a day.

Just wish to warn others.

If drinking lemon water
Through a Straw if you can,
Swish with water,
drink a glass of plain water afterward
And don’t brush your teeth for some time afterwards.
3 posts Page 1 of 1