7 posts Page 1 of 1
I bought a fat free Italian dressing with no saturated fat - and made with soyabean oil - is the permitted - im not sure about the soyabean oil?
Hi
Is it really fat free, or fat free per serving size?
If the latter then there will be an amount per 100ml.
Well it says Fat Free and lists 0 Fats, 0 Sat Fats, 0 Trans Fats - So I assume its fat free - but I wasnt sure on the soyaBean oil? is that one ok with the OMS lifestyle?
No, soyabean oil is a highly refined oil and to be avoided. How can a dressing be fat free if it is made with oil?
http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis. ... -and-Oils/

Use extra virgin olive oil sparingly if you have to cook with oil, and it is good for salad dressing, as is flaxseed oil. See the Recipe Resource and Recipe forum for ideas for simple dressings.
Hi,

Just made a delicious "creamy" salad dressing tonight. Flaxseed oil with a teaspoon of dijon mustard whisked in. Such a change from flaxseed oil with balsamic vinegard.

Regards
Donna
A basic recipe for salad dressing is two-thirds flaxseed oil to one third lemon or lime juice.

Add extras such as minced garlic, minced or dried chilli, mustard, salt, pepper.

Put all ingredients into a jar, shake with the lid on.

Keeps in the fridge for at least a week.

If you're using flax oil, then you KNOW it's good for you!
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
My favourite, super easy and well loved by all those who eat it salad dressing is the '3,2,1 dressing' from Forks over Knives (great recipe book!!!)
It is:
3 tablespoons balsamic
2 tablespoons seeded mustard (or other mustard)
1 tablespoon sweetener (agave, maple, honey)
Just put on as much as you need. DELISH :)
7 posts Page 1 of 1