40 posts Page 4 of 4
Hi folks.
I've just started the OMS diet and so far so good! I'm looking for smoothie recipes,can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Spog (Owen)
I have just made myself my first green smoothie which consists of spinach, banana and coconut milk, and have to admit I am pleasantly surprised with its taste as I dont usually get along with eating cooked spinach, or curley kale, yet know I should be eating plenty of it.....
Jackie.....diagnosed with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis with BrainStem disease.....11th April 2015..... at the ripe old age of 64........
A very brief search on google and the lowest fat, canned coconut milk from Tesco contains about 7.8 grams of Sat Fat which is about 18.8 Grams per cup.

Hope yours contains much less!!

BG
Rude Health's is 1.2g of fats...of which 1.0g is saturated fat...although this smoothie can be made using just water..
Jackie.....diagnosed with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis with BrainStem disease.....11th April 2015..... at the ripe old age of 64........
I used to work at a juice stand in high school making different flavors of drinks. We used two bases for the drinks, either apples or carrots as the major "juice" ingredients. Both provide a good taste. With a juicer, I suggest you put whatever you want through first, then the apple or carrot in last, as they clean and push the other ingredients through with their higher water content.

To change just juice to smoothie I'd suggest you find something with enough water to support what you are doing. "Smoothie" implies it is smooth meaning thicker then just juice, but slides along the tongue and palate. You are going to have a harder time finding veggies that can do that without having a fibrous texture.

Some we used to do (keep in mind all juice):
Apple, carrot. The king of easy.
Carrot, apple, parsley, ginger.
Carrot, celery, broccoli, spinach, beet.
Apple, orange (these two juiced) blueberry, strawberry , banana (blended with juice).

Possibilities are endless.
I add predominantly what’s in season. I always include, carrots, green apple, celery, spinach, broccoli banana,, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. At the moment I put in an apricot and a peach. I also only use water. I absolutely love it. Been making it with my Nutri Ninja for the past 2 years and love it. And definitely getting better.
As far as I know, smoothies are better than juices for your digestion in general, since you still get fibres.
I suffer from the severe fatigue that can come from MS, as well as anxiety caused by my medication and the divorce that has been dragging out since my diagnosis. And from my experience vegetables have very powerful anti-inflammatory benefits so this can help reduce systemic inflammation.

Hyadal wrote: I used to work at a juice stand in high school making different flavors of drinks. We used two bases for the drinks, either apples or carrots as the major "juice" ingredients. Both provide a good taste. With a juicer, I suggest you put whatever you want through first, then the apple or carrot in last, as they clean and push the other ingredients through with their higher water content.

To change just juice to smoothie I'd suggest you find something with enough water to support what you are doing. "Smoothie" implies it is smooth meaning thicker then just juice, but slides along the tongue and palate. You are going to have a harder time finding veggies that can do that without having a fibrous texture.

Some we used to do (keep in mind all juice):
Apple, carrot. The king of easy.
Carrot, apple, parsley, ginger.
Carrot, celery, broccoli, spinach, beet.
Apple, orange (these two juiced) blueberry, strawberry , banana (blended with juice).

Possibilities are endless.

Strongly agree. Don't be afraid to experiment with greens, since you might like come unusual recipes. Personally, I like to add a pineapple to my green smoothies (no shame!).

1 frozen banana
1 handful of kale
2 huge handfuls of spinach
pinch of fresh sprouts
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
You can add come coconut water (or ice) to liquify.

That's healthy and delicious.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer ― Frank Herbert, Dune
2014 - diagnosed
I can only add to NOT add grapefruit, as grapefruit can interact with medications...not that I am on any medications, nor eat grapefruit anyway, as so far there is nothing available ( disease Modifying drugs ) in UK for Primary Progressive MS...It is surprising what one can mix together in the blender, fruits and greens that all will have a benefit to our gut system...

Jackie..
You can easily get this recipe on Google. Just search the recipe and the first 3 websites will help you :)
good one. : Looking forward to trying it.
40 posts Page 4 of 4