8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to eat a lot more vegetables in my diet. I'm not the biggest fan of eating them however I understand the importance of eating them. Does anyone make vegetable smoothies? I'm thinking that this would be a good way of getting all the vitamins and nutrients I need as I feel I'm not getting enough from just eating them alone. Would you also recommend to use raw ingredients?

I'm 100% behind the OMS program and believe that it can change the course of my MS, I have made a lot of changes to my diet but to the people on here who are 100% following the program and the diet part in particular I really do take my hat off to you! I wish I had the same will power to do better than I am.

Thank you in advance for any replies

Dean
Hi Dean

Yes vegetable smoothies are great! You can have a lot of fun with them, ad whatever you please (veg + fruit + nuts + flaxseed /oil/ + spices..) get creative!
If you struggle for ideas there are loads of recipes online or maybe get a book on smoothies.
They are a great way to get all your 'several-a-day' :)
Kick as much of the Western diet to the curb that you can.

The closer to 100% you can get the better it will be for your future. Don't give up on yourself too soon.

Dump the dairy, meat and drink your vegetables if that's the easiest way for you to take them. I juice my carrots though, as I don't like the chalky taste you can get if you blend them, some fresh greens, Kale or Spinach, a banana, a juiced apple, some frozen fruit, strawberries, blueberries, mango, and a dash or two of almond milk, and away I go.

Later in the summer I make a virgin Bloody Mary with fresh Tomatoes, spinach, some frozen fruit, (as above), a dash of Tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce, it's a home made version of V8 ish.
Be well, live long and prosper!
That's brilliant your doing something it does get easier. It's best to use a method that keeps the fibre in those fruit and vegetables. Juicing gives a much higher glycemic load I believe as there's generally a lot less fibre to other methods.
For our family I started with mostly fruit and some kale/spinach and gradually just kept increasing the amount of greens. We mix in flaxseed ,flaxseed oi, and vitamin d3 drops which covers us on that front. I make it everyday so we can drink some twice a day. We did this because we have kids and they needed some path to get there. If they can do, I am confident you can as well!

Your palate will adjust to pretty much everything for us was to find some starting point to which to gradually add more and more stuff in.

You can do this with soups as well. Start with a base you like and just add a little of something you wouldnt normally do (make them small pieces and you might not even notice them).

So each day, just try to add a little more then the day before and before you know it you will have a lot in there. Here is the amazing thing, somehow once you are used to it there, you body can transfer the tastes to other forms.

We found you can do this with dips too. if you like hummus, just mix in some stuff. Again not super noticable, but also not invisible. Your tastes will start to adjust.

One other thing we did was drop most of the sugar and salt we get from processed foods. After 3 weeks fruit started tasting much sweeter to us (even more then you would expect as we were approaching summer). This just started making it easier to taste the sweetness of the smoothie from just natural fruit.
I drink:

kale
spinach
3 bananas
1 apple
4 prunes
bit of ginger root
cinnamon powder (1/4 tea spoon)
2 table spoons of flaxseed
pinch of himalayan salt
water

This is like a meal and it gives me energy for at least 3 hours
Diagnosis Oct 2015 OMS Dec 2015
I am one of them who used to dislike vegetables. I remember how mumma used to push me to eat them now am I habitual of vegetables. But at the same time, I can't imagine vegetable smoothy cuz I don't like smoothies. So I am better with leafy veggies ehehhehe. :)
Smoothies are great. Kale, leafy greens, avocado, strawberries, blueberries and a couple of bananas throw in some water and you are done. Oh and I sneak a teaspoon of organic honey in just to sweeten the deal. Yum.
8 posts Page 1 of 1