41 posts Page 4 of 5
Thanks for those links, Sasha.

An integrative GP (in Australia) is one who is trained not just in mainstream medicine but also in complementary medicine: https://www.aima.net.au/

I think they are called 'holistic doctors' in the US.

A bit like a blend of medico and naturopath!
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Yes they call them holistic doctors here too.
hiya! i use soya milk. i found it taste really nice and i am used to it. you have to watch some soya milk. if you live in the uk do not get waitrose soya milk. it contains sunflower oil.
you are doing really well. perhaps you could cut out some of the vitamins. i also eat truckloads of fruit and veg so i have cut down on some supplements. d3 is vital, b complex and zin is all good and your fish oils and flax is a must. do you exercise? this is vital!! meditate as well. go onto itunes and down load glenn harrold chakra meditation!
i have had ms for 9 years. i am not disabled in anyway i still cycle and run! stick with it! you are in the right place. welcome to team OMS

phil xx
http://www.justgiving.com/phil-king5. OMS 2012
"Don't Cry - Laugh" - Roy Castle ( TV Personality and Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation)
"If you are bored you must be a boring person!" Ina Sansom (My Gran)
Yes exercise is so important. So great that you still cycle and run :) I do 30 mins on the cross trainer each day, plus running round after 2 toddlers, on the weekend i probably walk at least 10-15 miles so I'm doing ok on that front. I can't get into meditation, it's just not my thing. Chilling with the stereo on I suppose is good.
old thread I know but I was browsing and this was interesting to me...

I'm so curious. Why do people find it easier to make radical dietary changes -
eliminating favorite foods, spending much more time shopping, washing and cooking food,
spending money on supplements, remembering to take supplements -
than to spend no money, sit anywhere and do virtually nothing for 20 or 30 minutes a day?

I understand the "one-size-doesn't-fit-all" nature of OMS and indeed of MS in general.
But I find it interesting that people are willing to say that meditation is not their thing,
that they just don't want to and that's that.

Why are food and exercise changes so much easier to embrace for most people? Thoughts?

Sarah
I think it's possibly because of the classic MS personality type - active over-achievers! Getting busy with things and taking active steps to address a problem may come more naturally to the typical MSer than (what may feel like) sitting down and doing nothing.

Obviously the over-active thing isn't restricted to people with MS - I had a recent chat with several female friends in which we concluded that we all share the same crazy delusion - that if we work hard enough and get enough done then one day we'll reach the point where everything is done and we have perfect, clean houses with no dishes or clothes to wash, no work waiting for us at the office, no weeds to pull out of the garden. Of course, this day will never happen...
I think we OMS'ers are fighters, will do everything to stay in shape and well!

Take Care

Phil XXXXXX
"Don't Cry - Laugh" - Roy Castle ( TV Personality and Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation)
P.S on the veggie/fruit front I eat tons but do not juice, I am sure I eat passed a few cups a day of fruit and veg and have to say that fruit and veg are pretty much my diet! ( and fish of course, almonds they are very nice!) I am always interesred on the different ways that people follow on OMS. Some eat fish most days, some do not. Some eat loads of veggies but others I have read about make sure they have their five a day.

Always interesting

Anyway back to work!

Take Care

Phil XXXXX
I tend to have at least 6 or 7 a day. I tried some juicing, but prefer to eat the fruit and veg without juicing them first. Often I mix in extra vegetables with other foods, e.g. mashed carrots/swede instead of (or mixed in with) mashed potato, e.g. tinned sweetcorn mixed with tinned red or pink salmon, e.g. peas mixed with rice
Almond milk is an option for coffee. I steam/froth it so that it tastes richer... otherwise I find it tastes watery.

Well done, so far!

CdeG
41 posts Page 4 of 5