11 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello,

I started the OMS program shortly after my diagnosis 3 years ago. I am taking Rebif (only 22) for almost 3 years. I feel well, have no new lessions. After 3 years, my body didn't get use to the drug - I have still lot of problems - do not sleep well as I have back pain, then I am tired next day from it, still have to take pain killers, ...

I am considering to stop taking it. Try to rely "only" on OMS program. But I am still worried. My doctor told me that it means nothing that I feel well. That once I finish taking it and the disease starts again, it will be very difficult to stop it.

Is here somebody who took the risk, what convinced you at the end?

Many thanks

Hela
Sleep is good, what exercise are you doing to help your back.
Has your posture been assessed by a physiopherapist.
Pilates is great for supporting strength.
I have to strongly agree with Veg.

I was assuming every ache and pain was directly related to MS. They were indirectly related...

After an assessment session with a physiotherapist it turned out that my leg, back and neck pain was caused by very poor core strength and compensating for a marked weakness on my left side. She gave me a series of a dozen simple exercises that I have been following for the past month or so. They are doing the trick! Even though they are stupidly basic, they are what I needed to reconnect me to the muscles and sensations that had been affect by my last relapse.

So, no more pain medication and I fall asleep quickly and sleep through the night.

Claire
Greetings from Eastern Europe,

I have diagnosed Multiplex Sclerosis 3 years ago and was taking Rebif inteferon for 2,5 years. I have side effects since from the start, 3 time a week, and taking painkillers almost every time, if i forgot them to take, then this was a awful mistake. Year ago i started looking for my inner voice and meditate. Time by time i was trusting my body and myself, i learned how it works. Now i stopped to take Rebif about 2 weeks ago and have really unpleasure side effects like drug withdrawal. My inner voice telling to me, that everything is okay and i need to stay calm and everything will be okay. I glad for that i found OMS, your homepage gave me a reason for fight. My neurologist and others doctors said to me that multiplex sclerosis is not treatable and i need to take drugs for life. For just a case i need to consult with somebody and writing here was my decision. Hope my English is understandable and i get some interesting answers :)

With the best,
Meelis
Welcome Meelis - the one thing that is certain about MS is that every person's journey is their own. Never underestimate your ability to find the path that you need.

Claire
Hi Meelis

Welcome! How long have you been doing the OMS lifestyle?

Although you may feel better soon after commencing the OMS lifestyle, it is not expected that you will achieve stability of your MS until after 3-5 years on the program.

Drugs are a part of the OMS program, part of doing "Whatever It Takes" to be well.

If Interferon causes side effects, perhaps you might consider a different drug? This website has excellent information about the currently available drugs for MS. Educate yourself at this link: http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis. ... Therapies/

I agree with Claire that we all have our own journey with MS
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Thank your all for response!

I just starting OMS program. If i understand correctly then it is allowed to eat 20 grams fat per day. For me its probably not enough because we have a very cold winters(may fall under -30C) and im 180cm tall also. I learning to eat from you program and also using old ayurveda program.
Thank you Claire, i also think in the same way.

With the best,
Meelis
Meelis,

OMS recommends we eat less than 10g a day of saturated fat

We should also supplement with fish oil and flaxseed oil to increase our intake of Omega 3 fatty acids.

There is much to read and learn about the OMS program and this will take time. Persist until you understand it well, and understand the science and evidence behind the recommendations.

Post all your questions on this forum and you will get answers.
Cheers,

Sue

Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Here is a link to a summary of the OMS program:

http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis. ... Code=11098
Cheers,

Sue

Meelis - I've been on the OMS program for almost one year. Although I have seen great improvements in the past year I am also starting drug therapy in the new year. (I will be starting Copaxone).

It is my choice to start with Copaxone after a smaller relapse this past year because it seems to have the fewest side effects and the best conducted trials.

It is part of my "doing what needs to be done to prevent disability".

Take care and do whatever you need to do to stay healthy!

Claire
11 posts Page 1 of 2