5 posts Page 1 of 1
My social insurance (in Croatia it is public, so you don't have a choice) doesn't cover Extavia anymore.

I am very sad because I was extremely satisfied with it. I had flu symptoms only for a month and half, no problems whatsoever ever since. I feel better than ever, some of my rare occasional symptoms (tingling in the back) completely disappeared.

My insurance basically now covers only Avonex and Rebif, both interferon beta 1-a. My doctor suggested that Rebif was proven to be more effective (so would suggest my quick google search).

Does anyone have experience with switching from interferon beta 1-b (Extavia, Betaferon) on interferon beta 1-a (Avonex, Rebif)? Vice versa experience can also help.

I'm worried that I will need to adapt all over and I'm really concerned about side effects I was reading about (being tired all day after taking it).

Any info could help, really...
Diagnosis and treatment 5/5/2014 - 15/5/2014
OMS started 15/5/2014
Nobody sharing the experience certainly boosts my confidence here :(

I hope Rebif will turn out to be fine. I haven't heard many people being happy with Avonex and Rebif...
OMS started 15/5/2014
Hi,

I'm sorry I don't have any experience with Rebif but I'm sure I remember it being mentioned on the forum. Have you tried searching for it in the search box? This should collect together previous comments and you might be able to pm members who have more experience.

Hope this helps and good luck with your searching
Georgeezg,
I was taking Rebif for 14 years. It did slow progression and I generally felt good - no colds! It was only in the last few years that I got sick of the injections and the injection sites were really starting to hurt (they were used too much). Also I did get a couple of side effects - fever after injection but not all the time and sometimes injection site soreness. Looking back I should have drunk more water it probably would have lessened the fevers.
Hope this is helpful for you.
Hey roses, many thanks for your answer.

I hope that having got used to Extavia is going to be helpful and that I won't have many problems with Rebif.
OMS started 15/5/2014
5 posts Page 1 of 1