Hello lovely OMSers,

Some of you might know me from this forum - mostly posts about me being devastated by my diagnosis. Since, I've been doing much better and I am very grateful for each and every person who has reached out with their words of reassurance. Also, reading everyone's experiences helped me with so many firsts - diagnosis, steroids, DMDs, nutrition, meditation...

The positive energy here is amazing.

Since this forum helped me a lot initially, I would like to share my experience starting Betaferon (Would love to hear yours!) hoping it might help newbies and everyone who is curious :)

Main reasons why I picked Betaferon?

- Safe long term use and demonstrated efficiency for long term use (Given that the goal Is to be stable and keep using it).
- Relatively few side effects/risks compared to "more aggressive" DMDs. I didn't want the emotional burden of worrying about serious side effects of other DMDs given that I am still trying to make peace with my MS diagnosis.
- Similar to copaxone in efficiency but less aggressive on the skin (no skin reactions so far! - something I was very worried about).

Nice value added: Great support from Bayer team where I live.

I'd like to add that I was death scared of injections before starting Betaferon but the auto-injector really makes injecting a breeze. It doesn't even feel like you're injecting since basically you press a button and you're done :) I have to admit injecting still makes me nervous and preparing the injection is still emotional but I am hoping this will pass.

Side effects:

Most commonly cited side effects are: flu like symptoms and injection site reactions. I am 2 weeks in and I am currently not feeling any side effects (maybe slight joint paint in my legs after taking the injection but I am not sure if I am imagining it or not), I am seeing my neuro in 2 weeks for some blood work and I hope everything is fine on that end (liver, thyroid etc.) too as I am comfortable with my choice.

How was your experience with Betaferon?

Lots of love to everyone!