17 posts Page 2 of 2
I had the same sort of experience. I began my Rebif 'therapy' after my DX and continued for about 5 months (with some intermittent breaks and reduced dosage). I too, felt anxious and horrible virtually all of the time. I had the feeling I was injecting poison into my system which was actually making my MS worse. I stopped the drug and convinced my neurologist to switch from Rebif to Copaxone - this was done after reading George's book. The copaxone, however, only lasted five days as I had some difficulty with the stress of making injections. So, six months after my DX in 2009 I quit drugs altogether and completely embraced the entirety of this OMS program. My path to health has been steady and significant. In fact, I can now do things which were a struggle for me even before my diagnosis.

Everyone is different...and some do react positively to the MS drugs. I think it is important to do what is necessary for your own peace of mind since you alone are responsible for your life and life quality. Embracing the complete OMS program would, in my opinion, be the most significant step you could take toward regaining your health. It takes a lot of commitment, perseverance and patience. But the rewards are completely worth it!

Good luck on your journey...

Jack
Diagnosis: Jul 2009
OMS: Jan 2010
Hello. I am relatively new to this website and have never posted on any site. I was diagnosed 4 years ago with MS. My main symptoms are weakness in my right leg (can only walk about 10 minutes before I start limping and get some drop foot, etc.) and fatigue. I have been on Rebif ever since I was diagnosed, although I only inject twice a week. For the past two months, I have been on a gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, meat free, low glycemic diet. My nutritionist (who is a big fan of this website) initially wanted me to cut out all added oils, but I am very thin already and lost 5 pounds in less than two weeks. So, I have added back some oil into my diet. I have a sensitivity to olive oil, and so I using small amounts of either canola oil, walnut oil, or safflower oil. If anyone has other ideas on how to get more unsaturated fat into my diet, that would be great. I already eat lots of nuts, avocados, and salmon. Also, I have a question about the rebif. I just read in the News and Events section of this website that the interferon drugs have not been shown to reduce the time to disability. If that is the case, why does the website still suggest using such drugs in addition to adhering to the OMS approach? If this is the same study that I think it is, I asked my neurologist about it a couple of months ago, and I believe he had issues with the population that was studied and how the population was selected.
Thank you.
Hi RBuck, welcome to the forum.

The OMS Recovery Program components are listed in order of importance in the spirit of doing whatever it takes to make a difference.
http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis. ... -Overview/
Diet and supplements
Vitamin D
Meditation
Exercise
Medication

Omega-3 supplements in their own right, in the absence of dietary change, offer the potential for a 30% reduction in relapse rate. The minimum for optimal benefit is 20 ml per day from fish oil and flaxseed oil. This would increase the oils in your diet, plus provide other benefits as outlined above.

Some find drug therapies helpful, others choose not to take them. This site provides all the information to enable our members to make informed choices.
Hello,

Rebif was presented to me in march this year (I was diagnosed with RRMS in januari 2012) and I've been using it ever since. Unfortunately the side effects ( I find them rather mild) are noticable from day one and the supposed benign effect after half a year/a year. But then again: I will never know if Rebif will have any effect at all. There is no way of telling.
I hold the same view on the Jelinek approach: I will never know if it will help me because I will never know how I would do without it.
So, in conclusion: I will take REBIf, stick to the Jelinek approach and hope for the best!

Greetings, Jos (Amsterdam)
Thank you all for working on this site which is full of inspiration

Actually i would like to thank Rebeca because she told me on the fb about the site and she helped me a lot after i was going to make the stem cells after to days and she made made change my mind because i believe in jelinks foundation and in faith that our body can heal itself

i started to take vitamin D 1 month ago after rebeca asked me about the level and it was 94 so she said you must make it between 150 and 225 so till now i just took 17 pills the doctors in my country had never give an importance for the vitamin D but after reading the book of Dr. Jelinks i noticed that its important even though i spent a long period of my life under the sun playing soccer basketball swimming and other activities thanks for your reply anyway i hope you will always post any new im not on any medication now im just accept and surrender and i hope i can at least stop the progress especially that this month i felt a lot of progress in both sides (no balance and weakness )

Best Regards
Don't accept and surrender Suvira - be very hopeful! This is my recent status update
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3158
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Hi Saeed,

I think you are doing the best things in your position and hope you"ll be and feel better the next years.
I am convinced you will be. All takes (a lot of) time, but don't worry: it will get better.
To stop smoking is one of the best things you can do. I did the same about 8 years ago, and regret I have been smoking in the past.
All the best,

Jossi
17 posts Page 2 of 2