3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hey guys, I was looking for a topic like this but couldn’t find any.
I have the following problem and I am looking for somebody who could probably relate. I was hospitalized for 7 days and was on steroids treatment because of MRI activity (yesterday was my last dose of steroids) and since 2 days ago I have this horrible joint pain (actually it’s behind my knees) and I feel it especially when I straighten my knees and when I stand for too long. It is also followed by some weakness. I always retain a lot of fluid when i am taking steroids and last time (about 4 months ago) I had knee problems as well, but they were not as bad. I live in Germany and the weather at this time of the year is horrible- it rains all the time, which I think also affects my joints a lot.
I wouldn’t say it’s the MS 100% because when I was hospitalized it was not this bad at all (had a little soreness in my knees but It was also that time of the month). I am looking for an advice as to what to do, I take ibuprofen but it’s not very helpful. Has anyone experienced such problems when being on steroids? :(
22 years old
First symptoms noticed 2010
Diagnosed 01/2011
OMS since 27 Sept 2017
I recently had steroids too ( 5 days worth ) although they wanted me in hospital for it I said no, I’d come in each day.
I swelled up too, like being in a different body isn’t it.
My Knees were tender ( as was most of me ) but behind them not so much.
My skin broke out in pimples.
My kindneys (lower back ) was very very sore.

I think because you were in hospital and perhaps not moving around as much as usual wouldn’t have helped.

I massaged my legs and upped my vitamins ( steroids deplete you of some ) also took probiotics as good bacteria got wiped by steroids.

The good news if it’s the steroids causing this it will pass.
I have been having issues with my joints for a few years. It started about 3 years ago when I was 32, when both of my knees were in so much pain and so stiff I could barely walk. I found very nice tips concerning my problem on Canadian Pharmacy website.

Are there any other young people out there who have been diagnosed? How do you manage to carry on doing your usual stuff when in a flare up, like uni/work? Is there anything you recommend which could help my ability to walk?
3 posts Page 1 of 1