3 posts Page 1 of 1
I really miss weekend brunch on OMS diet - it's a lot of meats, eggs, and dairy! I adapted this recipe for blueberry pancakes to be more OMS friendly. I'm still pretty new at this so any feedback would be appreciated! I also apologize for American measurements/descriptions. Mary Berry would not be impressed! :lol:

Blueberry Pancakes
1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 egg whites
1 c plant-based milk (I used vanilla flavored soy milk.)
1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 c fresh or thawed frozen blueberries

Makes 6-7 pancakes. Serves 2-3 people.

Heat griddle over medium-low heat. I use a cast iron pan. Whisk all ingredients except blueberries together in mixing bowl. Fold in blueberries. If using thawed blueberries, be sure to dry them off with a paper towel so your batter does not turn purple. When griddle is hot, poor 1/4 c batter for each pancake. Cook until it starts to bubble in center and appear dry at edges. Flip over and cook other side. I heat my oven to 200F, turn it off. then keep pancakes on baking sheet in warm oven until ready to serve. Drizzle with a little bit of syrup.
It sounds lovely - unfortunately, being on the BBD (Best Bet Diet), and having done a HUGE amount of research on the dos and don'ts of healthy eating for way too long now, about the only thing which is great for me in your recipe are the blueberries! ;)
Eggs are permitted infrequently, flour and pastry is not a great thing in my book, soy milk is really bad for every human in existence lol and sugar should be kept at a minimum....and make sure it's not white sugar.
I'm sure the BBD is a tad stricter in its rules and attitude but it is a great option for bodies that like ditching milk, bread/wheat, legumes etc and my body function so much better on it,
I'm sorry to not be doing cartwheels about your revamped recipe, and it does sound truly lovely for people on a way more open MS diet, but the BBD restricts a bit more than the OMS diet appears to. :)
I'm sure you will find improvements following an MS specific diet - just hang in there. Once you see the massive improvements that strictly following an MS diet brings, you will not look back and won't be able to eat the things you once thought of as necessities. :)
Hang in there with it all and enjoy converting your favourite recipes!!
Rachaelmt
Looking forward to trying it.
3 posts Page 1 of 1