3 posts Page 1 of 1
This is a porridge recipe for one. I find 1/3 cup is enough for me, but you might like more. If you use 1/2 cup of oats, add at least one cup of water.

Place 1/3 cup of wholegrain rolled oats (I use Lowans) and 2/3 -3/4 cup of water and a pinch of salt (optional) in a saucepan.
Gently bring to a simmer over low-medium heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes stirring as much as you can until the oats are thick and creamy. Towards the end of the cooking time I like to add a splash of non-dairy milk. Everybody likes their porridge differently, so play around with the amount of liquid and cooking time. I use a ratio of one part oats to 2 parts liquid. You can cook the oats in non-dairy milk instead of water if you like.

That’s a basic porridge and you can eat it like that if you like, but here’s how I like mine.
I add one chopped banana, a sprinkle of ground flaxseed/linseed and chia seeds, some sliced natural almonds, and a drizzle of honey. Sometimes I also add a sprinkle of cinnamon. You can use walnuts instead of almonds.

Full posts here http://frommydeck.com/2013/05/20/good-o ... -porridge/

Keep the breakfast recipes coming..
I make a similar porridge in the mornings,but using a kettle of boiling water to speed things along!

Boil a kettle of water, put old fashioned porridge oats, raisins, and sultanas into a pan, with a pinch of salt, add twice as much boiling water as you put oats in, put over the heat and stir as above of 5 or 6 minutes!

I have tried to use old fashioned oats, rather than quick oats, and this is the quickest and best method of getting good porridge made with them.

Once cooked for the 5 - 6 minutes, let it stand off the heat and it will thicken, I add a little honey and some almond milk.

The temperatures out here are in the low 20° F at the moment, and a bowl of porridge really hits the spot on a chilly morn.
Be well, live long and prosper!
I have porrige most mornings too,
The organic porrige wasn't much more expensive than the normal one so I have that.
Once cooked I put tumerick and cinnamon on it, (both are very good for us)
Either prunes or sultanas stewed fruit or a drizzle of honey to sweeten, and blueberries.
It's very yummy! And a great stomach filler.
3 posts Page 1 of 1