12 posts Page 1 of 2
Has anyone got a suitable one? X
Hi
Search for aztec biscuits on here
Not aztec - anzac biscuits.

Named for the Australia and New Zealand forces in the first world war. It was ANZAC day on Friday.
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Thanks veg and Wendy
Hi someone gave me this recipe for flapjacks. I use honey instead of golden syrup and very little sugar. They are tasty but bit crumbly. I am still playing with the recipe.

Ingredients

1 cup plain flour
¾ cup brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
¾ cup finely chopped dried apricots
3 tbsp golden syrup
¾ cup Extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp bicarb soda

Method

1.Preheat oven to 175°C.
2.Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the sugar, rolled oats and dried apricots.
3.In a second bowl, mix together the golden syrup, extra virgin olive oil and bicarb soda. Add dry ingredients to the liquid and mix well until the preparation is sticky and doughy. If it’s a bit dry, add a little water, e.g. about 1-2 tbsp water.
4.Place small flat (1cm thick) biscuit shapes on tray lined with baking paper.
5.Bake the biscuits in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.

For granola I am experimenting with this recipe.

Ingredients.

1/4cup honey
1/4cup olive oil
2 teaspoons cinnamon
teaspoon almond and orange extract
3&1/2cups rolled oats
1/4cup flaked almonds
1/4cup chopped walnuts.

Preheat oven to 350F
mix all together and spread on baking paper on tray. Bake for 10 mins then stir and bake for another 10 or 15 mins until golden brown. cool and store in airtight tin.

Lesley Boast Royston UK
Thanks Lesley. They look great
I tried an oil free recipe toast but it wasn't great and a bit too sweet as I had to use more honey to stick it all together.

Much appreciated

Lynne x
Apple sauce is good for sticking
Hi all
I have a great granola recipe from Deliciously Ella.. It is delicious and contains no refined sugar.

I have been avoiding it as I have2 concerns
1 should we really bake nuts in the oven as it changes the chemical property? I do leave the oven at 180 and not 190 as suggested.
2 is having the nuts and seeds pushing is above the moderation target?

Details:
1 cup of almonds
1/2 a cup of walnuts
1 cup of oats
1/2 a cup of sunflower seeds
1/2 a cup of pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup of flaxseeds
3 very ripe bananas
2 tablespoons of manuka honey
2 tablespoons of almond butter

Start by pre-heating the oven to 190C. Then place all the dry ingredients into a bowl.

In a separate bowl place the peeled bananas and mash them with a fork, before adding the honey and almond butter. Stir the three ingredients together so that they form a sticky paste.

Pour the paste over the dry ingredients mixing everything together so that the whole mixture sticks together. Then place this mixture onto a piece of baking paper on a baking tray and put it in the oven. Allow to bake for about 25 minutes, until the clusters start to brown a little and become firm. Although half way through it’s best to take the tray out and sir them around a bit, otherwise the whole thing will stick together in one giant cluster!

Then allow to cool and store in an air tight container, enjoy!
Nicola Corbett

Dublin, Ireland

'Nothing tastes as good as walking feels'

DX 2003, Swank 2004, OMS 2013, OMS Retreat March 2014
Deliciously Ella (google it because most recipes are OMS-friendly) has a really good banana pancake recipe. I made it last week and it was awesome! I sliced strawberries and put some whole walnuts on the top with blue berries....100% natural maple syrup.

Damn, now I'm hungry!

P.S. Now I'm concerned. I understand not cooking oils, but does this mean we can't eat baked nuts too. If I use a recipe with ground almond do I need to worry about baking at 350 F? Urrrrggggghhhh! Just when I thought I had this thing figured out.

P.S.S Also when cooking the pancakes it's hard to get them 'done' in the middle...however, when you read the ingredients you'll realize it doesn't matter and it tasted good even if the middle was a little gooey.

Matt
Hello,

Thanks for the deliciously Ella recipes/website. Looks great.

I too am confused about the cooking nuts thing can anyone clear this up? Does the same apply to seeds?

Appreciate all your replies I'm really enjoying all these new recipes x
12 posts Page 1 of 2