11 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi

Just wondering has anyone got any alternative breakfast ideas to muesli, fruit or toast with flax seed oil?

Not great at sticking to the museli and feel comsuming too much soya milk, rice milk is like water and I don't like it and I'm not a fan of almonds - fussy I know! all help appreciated.

Struggling to stick to the diet at the moment as it's really expensive here in ireland

Thanks
Paula
Hi,

I've become addicted to porridge (rolled oats kind). Usually put some grated fresh fruit like apple or pear in it, or a couple of tablespoons of stewed fruit (from excess fruit stored in the freezer) with a little soy milk (don't like much milk myself). Drizzle of honey if not sweet enough. Must have eaten it for the last 365 days. Just love it!

Regards
Donna
Hi Heather, I always have a green smoothie. Fruit to sweeten, lots of greens and add flax. Has been a staple for me ever since I became an OMS follower. If made properly very nutritious and filling. Don't need to eat again for hours.
Green smoothie...kale, cuc, loads of frozen fruit, coconut water, LSA, chia and psyllium. Different everyday depending on what u put it it! You need a good blender though!

Otherwise porridge would be ideal. Or stewed fruit with muesli?
Paula, do you like a hot or cold breakfast? Sweet or savoury? Do you have time to prepare something in the morning, or do you prefer something pre packaged and ready to go?
I've become a fan of breakfast salad! I have a bowl of spinach greens (or other greens) with a cup of berries and 1/8 cup of nuts. Sometimes I throw on cranberries to sweeten. I don't always use dressing and if I do, I use flax seed oil. It's really simple and quick. The issue with this is that I sometimes need a snack about 3 hours later!
Hi,

I have porridge with bananas, blueberries and flaxseeds almost everyday. I make mine with soy/almond milk, but you could use half and half milk/water or just water?

Occasionally I'll have grilled tomatoes and mushrooms with toast and baked beans (just need to watch for hidden oil).

Hope that gives you some ideas?
Jen x

Diagnosed 1994 OMS Nov 2013
In a bowl 1 cup of oats, 1/2 cup sultanas, 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds, in a blender approx 125g almond spread, honey, 3 chopped dates, teaspoon of cocoa, 1/2 cup water. Pour blended ingredients into bowl and mix well.

I flaten it into a lunchbox and cut a bar out each morning. Easy and you eat it on the go
Lozza wrote: Paula, do you like a hot or cold breakfast? Sweet or savoury? Do you have time to prepare something in the morning, or do you prefer something pre packaged and ready to go?

Hi Lozza, it varies, weekends hot and weekdays cold, Sometimes I have time and others days I don't so prepackaged tends to be an option. Which tends to mean I have a non OMS brekkie which is bad
Thank you all :D
11 posts Page 1 of 2