6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I have this almost every morning. It's a recipe from Dr. Fuhrman's plan ("Eat to Live"), which on the dietary end is quite close to the OMS plan and he has many, many recipes so I highly recommend a browse around his stuff.

Anyway, but this is what I make pretty much every morning. It's a great way to get greens in at breakfast. It looks grim, but really tastes good.

4c baby spinach (usually about 2 big handfuls for me)
1/2 banana (I usually just throw the whole thing in)
2oz vanilla soy milk
2oz pomegranate juice
1c frozen fruit you like (I use strawberry or blueberry a lot)
flax seeds or flax oil as desired

That's it! Blend it up, and sometimes I"ll add a little water to thin it out. Delicious.
Thanks, I like a smoothie in the morning,I'll have to give this one a go!

The only ingredient I don't like all that much is the pomegranate juice, so I looked up a juice substitution list and it gives Lemon, Lime, Pineapple, Raspberries, Strawberries as substitutes, I always have Lemons and Lime juice on hand and frozen Raspberries and Strawberries in the freezer.
Be well, live long and prosper!
Farrier wrote: Thanks, I like a smoothie in the morning,I'll have to give this one a go!

The only ingredient I don't like all that much is the pomegranate juice, so I looked up a juice substitution list and it gives Lemon, Lime, Pineapple, Raspberries, Strawberries as substitutes, I always have Lemons and Lime juice on hand and frozen Raspberries and Strawberries in the freezer.

I completely understand the trepidation about pomegranate juice, it's not my favorite either. But 2oz is such a small amount for the total amount of the smoothie (depending on how much water you like to thin it with, it can make 28-32oz of drink for one serving) that you really can't taste it. Pomegranate juice also has been shown to lower blood pressure and cholesterol and is an antioxidant (https://www.drfuhrman.com/library/article19.aspx), so I'd encourage you to give it a go.

Let me know what you think.
I think, we have to know a lot before buying a juicer. That’s like a new member of family, so if you want to get a great one, learn more at juicer.guru . That could be the best help to make decision!
RobertKeese wrote: I think, we have to know a lot before buying a juicer. That’s like a new member of family, so if you want to get a great one, learn more at juicer.guru . That could be the best help to make decision!

There's a difference between juicers and smoothie makers as well. I've been totally converted to smoothies. Less mess and all the fibre from the fruit and veg. Nutri Bullet and Nutri Ninja are the two big brands to have a look at. Not cheap and very noisy, but amazingly good.
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
Nice recipe. Thank you for sharing
6 posts Page 1 of 1