10 posts Page 1 of 1
I found this recipe for chocolate-zucchini muffins on the Happy herbivore website and made them on the weekend. They were a huge hit with both the little and grown-up kids - would never know they had a veggie hidden in them!

1&1/4 cups SR flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1&1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 banana, mashed
3/4 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini

Preheat oven to 180C.
Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
In another large bowl,cream mashed banana with applesauce and sugar. Add in soymilk, vanilla and zucchini. Stir until evenly combined.
Add flour mix to wet mix in 3-4 batches and stir until just combined. Spoon mixture into muffin cases and bake 15-20 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.

Try to eat just one! :lol:

kindness,
shelly
these sound awesome. :D
I made a 1/2 quantity of these last weekend and they were delicious - needless to say I am making the full quantity next time.

One night, I made a dessert with one (warmed) with vanilla soy ice-cream and chocolate topping.

Next night, I had another, warmed with soy milk custard.

Absolutely divine indulgences. I will have to be carfeful or the waistline will suffer but at lease they are totally Jelinek legal!!!!

Cheers,

Diz
What's SR flour?
I think it means self rising flour. I looked up the original recipe and it says whole wheat pastry flour, which has the baking powder in it, if you chose to go the whole wheat route.
Ah, ok. Thanks! :)
Yes SR Flour is Self Raising flour, it is usually white flour with baking powder in it
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Just made them....They are amazing!
Yum, made these yesterday and they were well loved by all! Had another sneaky one last night, warmed and served with Soy custard :)
Jen x

Diagnosed 1994 OMS Nov 2013
I made a variation of this yesterday and it's over half gone tonight! I used SR GF flour and I was out of apples so used 2 small bananas, a little extra zuccini and 1/4 cup of df milk instead of 1/3. I also baked it in a loaf tin. It turned out great, thanks for posting, it'll be my go to chocolate cake recipe in future though I clearly have no self-control so won't be baking it often. :D
10 posts Page 1 of 1