8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all! Just thought I'd share a very quick, easy and best of all, YUMMY anzac biscuit recipe for a very tasty treat!! :D

Ingredients

1 cup plain flour
¾ cup brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
¾ cup finely chopped dried apricots
3 tbsp golden syrup
¾ cup Extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp bicarb soda

Method

1.Preheat oven to 175°C.
2.Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the sugar, rolled oats and dried apricots.
3.In a second bowl, mix together the golden syrup, extra virgin olive oil and bicarb soda. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid and mix well until the preparation is sticky and doughy. If it’s a bit dry, add a little water, e.g. about 1-2 tbsp water.
4.Place walnut sized balls of the mixture on a flat biscuit tray lined with baking paper. Flatten the balls to a thickness of about 1cm using a fork, and leave a little space between each one.
5.Bake the biscuits in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
6.When cooked, leave to cool on a tray or wire rack. Store in a biscuit tin.

Hope everyone enjoys them as much as I do :!:

Ash x
wonder if they would be just as yummy with honey instead of golden syrup? -will try at the weekend :D
I have made these using my oat based musli and used stewed apple instead of EVOO and they work out fine.
They also freeze well and I can defrost in the microwave, so make a handy snack.
Absolutely delicious !
Was a bit concerned at how squishy they were when they came out the oven as used packet soft apricots rather than dried so thought I overloaded the moisture ! Obviously went hard when cooled but with a lovely soft cookie texture in the middle.

Will have to two these into work to stop me scoffing the lot !
Haven't had anything yummy sweet since starting the diet four months ago
so these are heaven and so easy to make !!!

Thank you !

This topic has been moved to the Recipes/Bakery forum Wendy:Moderator
Yes I make these all the time. Sometimes I put a bit of ground ginger and a coulpe of tsp sesame seeds.

I always add chopped almonds and a bit of extra golden syrup.

lulujersey wrote: Absolutely delicious !
Was a bit concerned at how squishy they were when they came out the oven as used packet soft apricots rather than dried so thought I overloaded the moisture ! Obviously went hard when cooled but with a lovely soft cookie texture in the middle.

Will have to two these into work to stop me scoffing the lot !
Haven't had anything yummy sweet since starting the diet four months ago
so these are heaven and so easy to make !!!

Thank you !

This topic has been moved to the Recipes/Bakery forum Wendy:Moderator
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
I made this today but used spelt flour instead of plain and rice syrup instead of golden syrup. What a mess! The entire batch flattened out, the whole lot ended up in the bin!

Can anyone offer suggestions why it ended in disaster? I thought the substitutions would be ok, I did not have the other ingredients on hand.

Dana
Possibly the rice syrup, u did use oats didn't u?

Baking is all about chemistry and sometimes substitutes don't cut it.

Dana wrote: I made this today but used spelt flour instead of plain and rice syrup instead of golden syrup. What a mess! The entire batch flattened out, the whole lot ended up in the bin!

Can anyone offer suggestions why it ended in disaster? I thought the substitutions would be ok, I did not have the other ingredients on hand.

Dana
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Thanks Kashu. Wow, the rice syrup sure did create a mess! Yes, other than the 2 ingredients mentioned I stuck to the original recipe (oats and all).
I knew it was me and not the recipe since so many people have had success from this.
I will try again with the correct ingredients.

Thanks for the reply.
Dana
8 posts Page 1 of 1