5 posts Page 1 of 1
Fruit Loaf – Breadmaker
Setting = Fruit with Dark crust

In this order:
3 tsp yeast (surebake or the Tasty brand)
3 cups HIgh Grade Flour
2 tsp mixed spice
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP olive oil (or flaxseed oil)
1 1/4 Cup warm water

Add when machine beeps:
1 cup sultanas (or a mix of your choice-I used sultanas and currants

You could serve toasted with maple syrup and sliced bananas
Also toasted with maple syrup, stewed apple and chopped walnuts
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Trust me to make a fruit loaf and realise I have no dried fruit to put in!
I put a bit more sugar and replaced water with oat milk. ( I put nearly 1cup rather than 1 TBSP, not sure if it could be a typo mistake Kashu or my slow brain reading it wrong...)
The result was delicious, so much so that I need to make more bread tomorrow since my little tribe have had most of it!
Do all sultanas have oil as their ingredients? Is it such a small amount that we ignore it? Have not found any without it so far but got more searching to do...
Thanks Kashu, nice one, I love mixed spices
'The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the one doing it'
Chinese proverb.

Babette
You are absolutely right Babette it needs water, good spotting! So sorry I have made the correction.
You won't need more sugar with the fruit and you could probably save your expensive oat milk and just use water.

I personally wouldn't worry about the bit of oil on the fruit. To suit your own taste you could try different fruits and even add chopped nuts. :D
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
This is a great recipe Kashu. I love a good fruit loaf, especially one with some nuts or dried figs in it. I have mine with a little honey. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I'll try it with water, I do like milk bread , they tend to be softer but it'll be good to see if it makes a difference or not. And I'll try it with fruits!

Thank you,
'The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the one doing it'
Chinese proverb.

Babette
5 posts Page 1 of 1