3 posts Page 1 of 1
How far is too far to take the diet thing? Well, six weeks ago I gave up sugar in an attempt to prevent the return of any brain tumour. Here's a recipe that worked for me and I must say I am very surprised at how deliciously it has turned out. The real test will be in 10 minutes when the kids arrive home from school to eat but I've just had three slices of warm banana bread.

Ingredients
1 1/4 cup of gluten-free self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup of EVOO
1/2 cup of rice milk
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
dash of vanilla essence
3 slightly over-ripe bananas

Method
Squash bananas either by folk or fancy gadget
Combine with the other wet ingredients then finally mix in the flour

Bake
Spray EVOO around a baking dish and pour mixture in
Bake at 180 degree in fan forced oven for 40 minutes
Blessings
Alex

Developed 5 May 2011, Diagnosed 4 Aug 2011, OMS 15 Sept 2011, Gluten-Free 22 February 2012, Recovery declaration 2 September 2014
Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing...
Nicola Corbett

Dublin, Ireland

'Nothing tastes as good as walking feels'

DX 2003, Swank 2004, OMS 2013, OMS Retreat March 2014
Thanks for this recipe! I'm coeliac, and I also prefer not to eat sugar, so this looked perfect for me. I doubled it, and I tweaked it a tiny bit:
Added about 30 ml of chia seeds (lots of fiber, omega-3, & they're used as an egg-replacer by many vegans)
Added a cup of puréed mango for sweetness
Added a cup of walnut pieces
I didn't put any oil in it

For GF flour, my supermarket was out of the one I usually use, but I got a bag of Helen's Brilliant Scone Mix, which is just a bag if combined GF flours, with a scone recipe on the bag, and measured out 2 cups of that (since I was doubling the recipe). It worked well.

Anyway, absolutely amazing! Thank you again! (I'm posting a pic of it on my Instagram: GIRL_WITH_THE_BANDAID_TATTOO )

P.
3 posts Page 1 of 1