11 posts Page 1 of 2
Ingredients
2 bananas
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 cup (100grams) brown sugar
1 egg white
1 cup (150grams) SR flour
1/2 cup (75grams) chopped walnuts (or any nuts you prefer)
pinch salt

Method
Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (160 fan forced)
Line loaf tin with baking paper
In a medium bowl mash bananas then add golden syrup & sugar & mix. Add egg white, sifted flour and salt and mix lightly until combined. Stir in nuts.
Pour into pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in comes out clean.

You can also add dates, sultanas etc.
Great toasted.
This sounds excellent but what is the size of a cup? we don't use the term cup as measurement in the UK - we use pounds, ounces, kilos, pints/ litres, anything but the term cup.

I imagine it doesn't mean a tea cup?
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Sorry! I have added the weights of the ingredients to the recipe.
I made this yesterday and it was great, thanks. I 'hot-rodded' it a bit by steeping my mashed banana in a shot of espresso. Yum!
H,i this looks yummy, would be great with some of the soy ice cream mentioned in the diet section, enjoy! :D
In search of a bit of something special for afternoon tea, I stumbled across this recipe.

Excellent!

It does make a fairly small loaf, but I guess that helps you not to get too carried away.
Yum! Made this today - I added a handful of raisins - it was lovely! Shared it with one of my friends (non-OMS) who is a keen baker and she went back for seconds :)
Jen x

Diagnosed 1994 OMS Nov 2013
AEJ wrote: Ingredients
2 bananas
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 cup (100grams) brown sugar
1 egg white
1 cup (150grams) SR flour
1/2 cup (75grams) chopped walnuts (or any nuts you prefer)
pinch salt

Method
Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (160 fan forced)
Line loaf tin with baking paper
In a medium bowl mash bananas then add golden syrup & sugar & mix. Add egg white, sifted flour and salt and mix lightly until combined. Stir in nuts.
Pour into pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in comes out clean.

You can also add dates, sultanas etc.
Great toasted.
Fab recipe, didn't have chopped nuts so left them out p, banana bread was still lovely. Will definitely make again.
11 posts Page 1 of 2