8 posts Page 1 of 1
A chickpea flat, like a drop scone.

140 grams chickpea flour in a bowl add 2 tablespoons milled flaxseed.
Add 250 ml water and whisk to make a batter.
Let it stand 20 minutes, while waiting crush/mince 3 garlic cloves and cut up 3 sun dried tomatoes. Add these and a sprinkle of onion seeds into the batter.

Heat a griddle pan on our electric hob it is 4 on the dial for 5 minutes. We have a solid adonised aluminium pan, you can't do this with a non stick pan or a green pan gets too hot for the coatings.
Turn down to 3.5 a medium heat.
Drop 1/4 cup of batter (not over full) on pan. About 2 tablesppons if you don't have cup measures (get then though they are so handy).
5 minutes and turn over.
Makes 10.
They freeze and can be defrosted/heated in the toaster..
Thanks veg, do they reach a point of crispiness, chip or crisp like, I'm looking for thin dipping chip for hummus, guacamole and salsa?
Be well, live long and prosper!
You could roll the pan around to make them thinner. The flaxmill does toast on the edges when I reheat in toaster and is slightly crispy which I guess is the natural fat content. I imagine that is not great for the flax.
Have you made these yet Farrier? They are seriously mourish I am making another batch tomorrow.
Not yet, I just bought the flour today.

Got time on Wednesday to cook.
So after the boys moved the gram flour, and I had to play hunt the flour for 24 hours, I got to make some Socca Flats.

2 cups gram flour
2 cups water
2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs dried onion
2 Tbs flax seeds
2 Tbs Chia seeds
2 Tbs poppy seeds
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika

I used a large cast iron pan, got it really hot, then turned it down to medium, (just over medium actually), then added a little olive oil, the 1/4 cup measure meant I could cook 3 flats at a time, just about the perfect size, it made 18 flats, a very rich and complex flavored flat, wonderful with the spicy hummus I make!

Thanks for the base recipe veg, when I looked up the ingredients, they show up as Socca or Socca Flats on recipe sites.

It took me the whole batch to get the cooking "right", I'll be watching for it next time, as the top starts to bubble a little, it's time to flip them over.
Hey great you made them.
Why did you add olive oil, they don't need it.
I cook mine on dry heat.
All the other recipes had some oil in them, and as a first time cook, I just wanted to cover all the bases.

I toasted some up for supper, and they may actually be better without the oil, when being reheated.

There are enough ingredients to make another 15 batches, (roughly), I'll try them without the oil next time!
8 posts Page 1 of 1