2 posts Page 1 of 1
This one became a firm favourite this summer, with the non-OMSers preferring it to their usual (except when their usual had bacon!). It's super-easy to make, too.

Ruth’s Creamy Potato Salad

This recipe is modified from Anja Cass' wonderful Creamy Vegan German Potato Salad recipe, https://cookingwithplants.com/recipe/cr ... ato-salad/ , which is also OMS-friendly, and excellent.

Serves 2 – 4

Potato Base

• 6 medium Boiled Potatoes peeled, cooled and sliced
• 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
• 1 - 2 green onions or 1 medium red onion, chopped
• Black Pepper (freshly ground) to taste, optional

Potato Salad Dressing

• 1 medium Boiled Potato peeled
• ½ cup vinegar – I used ¼ cup malt vinegar and ¼ cup white vinegar
• 1 tsp coarse sea salt
• ½ cup Sunflower Seeds no need to soak
• Water or Stock if needed; add only if you want the mixture more creamy & wet, optional to taste

Instructions

1. Place sliced boiled potatoes in a large salad bowl.
2. Add all of the potato dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy (about 1 to 2 minutes).
3. Add the dressing to the base ingredients to the salad bowl, add in mustard and mix through gently.
4. Add black pepper to taste and serve.

Recipe Notes

If the potato salad is too dry, you can always add a little bit of water or vegetable stock to the mixture to make it a bit more moist and creamy.
If you use red-skinned potatoes (as I do), the dressing seems very thick and gluey, so you’ll need to thin it with water or stock (maybe ¼ cup or more).
This dressing works well as a mayonnaise substitute for me.
I have kept the salad and some spare dressing for over a week in the fridge and it was fine.
I like the look of that recipe
2 posts Page 1 of 1