6 posts Page 1 of 1
This was very good with some baked salmon, white fish would be good too. Unfortunately no leftovers for lunch!

Spice mix:
1 tsp cumin seeds (or ground cumin)
1 tsp coriander seeds
a good pinch or two of cayenne pepper (less if you are frightened of hot stuff)
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp salt

1 cauliflower
1 tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (recipe said chickpeas)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Juice of a lemon
1 Tbs Dijon mustard

3 handfuls of baby spinach, washed, dried and left whole, or mature spinach - shredded

Heat the oven to 200 deg C. Put all the spices in a small bowl and stir well.

Wash and dry the cauliflower, then sit it on a chopping board, stem end down. Cut into 1cm-ish slices - some will break into little bits, others will stay whole. This is OK. Cut out and discard any big bits of stem.

Transfer the cauliflower into a large bowl, tip in the cannellini beans or chickpeas, the spices, salt, lemon juice, mustard and olive oil. Mix well, using your hands, until everything is well coated. Tip into a large roasting dish and put in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender and crispy. Set it aside to cool slightly.

Put the prepared spinach in a serving bowl, tip in the cauliflower and mix.
Season with salt and pepper.

Serves four generously.

Postscript: or two very piggy people!!!
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Wendy that sounds yum! I may have to go out and buy a cauliflower :-)
I just made this :) had as main meal with baked potatoes, sprouts and carrots.
I had to adjust it based on what had.
So I halved everything and used about teaspoon of oil
a squeezed a 2" lump of ginger and rough sliced a whole onion oh and mustard seeds as I do not have mustard plus a handful of raisins.
It was very yummy.
Wendy,

This recipe is magnificent! I used two cauliflowers and doubled the dressing ingredients, used one can of chick peas as that was all I had, and shredded spinach from the garden.

Shared it with a girlfriend after a long walk, we had some watermelon to follow.

I think fresh sliced pineapple might be a nice accompaniment or "to follow" dish.

Thanks for much for sharing.
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Spicy roasted warm cauliflower salad is amazing food and has lots of benefits yet if we add caviar to this salad then the taste of this salad will become superb and will become more advantageous for health and skin. If you are more interested to know more about caviar and caviar price in Dubai caviar price in Dubaithen please visit this site.
korimako wrote: This was very good with some baked salmon, white fish would be good too. Unfortunately no leftovers for lunch!

Spice mix:
1 tsp cumin seeds (or ground cumin)
1 tsp coriander seeds
a good pinch or two of cayenne pepper (less if you are frightened of hot stuff)
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp salt

1 cauliflower
1 tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (recipe said chickpeas)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Juice of a lemon
1 Tbs Dijon mustard

3 handfuls of baby spinach, washed, dried and left whole, or mature spinach - shredded

Heat the oven to 200 deg C. Put all the spices in a small bowl and stir well.

Wash and dry the cauliflower, then sit it on a chopping board, stem end down. Cut into 1cm-ish slices - some will break into little bits, others will stay whole. This is OK. Cut out and discard any big bits of stem.

Transfer the cauliflower into a large bowl, tip in the cannellini beans or chickpeas, the spices, salt, lemon juice, mustard and olive oil. Mix well, using your hands, until everything is well coated. Tip into a large roasting dish and put in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender and crispy. Set it aside to cool slightly.

Put the prepared spinach in a serving bowl, tip in the cauliflower and mix.
Season with salt and pepper.

Serves four generously.

Postscript: or two very piggy people!!!

I get important salad making idea from this content.This salad recipe help me to lost my weight
6 posts Page 1 of 1