13 posts Page 1 of 2
is there a "recipe" for a "Easterbuns" that a Ms person can
have made without milk & butter.?
Do you mean Hot cross Buns? My wife made me some the other day that were program compliant.
Please share the recipe if oyu have time!

Caro
Gareth wrote: Do you mean Hot cross Buns? My wife made me some the other day that were program compliant.

Hi Gareth; Yes i do mean HotCross Buns.

thanks
winston
15th,april;2011
I'm afraid I can't. My wife looks after any baking that is done. I can't really find the love for that kind of cooking. I'm sure you would be able to find a vegan recipe on the internet and make a few modifications if necessary.

Hey Caro, Why do you have a purple name?

Gareth
Here's one that I've used (although it is designed for processing in a Thermomix, it could be hand-kneaded) http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/2009/ ... -buns.html
Ha :) Gareth - never noticed my name came up purple before!
Thanks drjo for the recipe - looks good. Will have to try it...

:)

(just waiting for my fruit crumble to come out of the oven and hubby to do dishes so we can sit down to dessert.... Can't believe I ever had to use butter in crumble!)
Hi All

I'm not sure I have the skills or dedication to make my own Hot Cross Buns this easter. However, I did go into a national bakery chain the other day and got the nutritional information on their basic version. Accoding to the printout, theirs contain no egg or dairy and have a saturated fat total of 0.6g each... so... I'm thinking I'm all good for 1 or 2 on Friday.

For those of you in Australia, the brand is Baker's Delight and I have the information if anyone want's me to post.

Now, if I could find a dairy free, low fat, OMS compliant easter egg!

Tracey
Hi Tracey - those easter buns contain vegetable oil. Most of their products do.

Most health food shops have dairy free eggs at the moment, I can't remember the brand, but I researched the ingredients and they are ok for us. Only thing is, a small egg contains 5g of saturated fat. I'm not going to purchase any, I can't even remember what chocolate tastes like!
I just made these tonight, and they are lovely!

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7695/hot+cross+buns

I used wholemeal flour instead of white flour
I used brown sugar in place of caster sugar
I didn't add the butter or any substitute
I used soy milk instead of normal milk
and used egg whites in place of the eggs

enjoy
13 posts Page 1 of 2