2 posts Page 1 of 1
This is my new favorite treat. Giving up nearly all my old eating habbits has helped me discover not only new healthy ingreadients (chia seeds), but also unexpected ways to prepare them. For those of you who are not familiar, chia seeds are amazing little things. They are high in protien and fiber, contain different vitamins and minerals such as manganese, phosporous and zinc. They are a good source of calcium and omega 3 fatty acids, which we all can use heaps of (or at least I can)! I now sprinkle them on my morning cereals, and often add them to smoothies but I must admit the following recipe is my favorite way to enjoy them...

Super Simple Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding:

- 2tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened Almond milk (or your favorite alternative)
- 2 tbsp agave ( brown rice syrup, maple syrup and stevia to taste are also options)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla

* Mix all the ingredients together. It may take a little time to incorporate the cocoa, but eventually it will. I prefer to use agave to make this, but the beauty of this recipe is that you can really use whatever is in your pantry. After everything is mixed, cover and enjoy after 20 minutes. Or you can leave it in the fridge overnight and enjoy the next day. The chia seeds continue to absorb the liquid so you may need to water your pudding down with a dash of almont milk. It is fool-proof, quick (I literally mean ten minutes), mess free, and fills you up. I like to eat mine with fresh cut strawberries but lately I have been skipping the fruit to add a dash of cinnamon and cayanne for spice. It is an odd texture, but try it a few times and you may be as addicted as I am. I'm sure a dollop of the nutella I recently read about would make this 100x better!!! :mrgreen:

Enjoy!
Amanda

P.S. If you want to put them on on cereal, make the exact recipe above sans cocoa- voilà, vanilla chia seeds! Most often I just sprinkle the seeds, because I am always running around in the morning... if you happen to do this just drink lots of water. They soak up liquid and I wouldn't want to be the cause of dehydration.
You may like some of these links

http://chiaseedshealthbenefits.com/chia-seed-recipes/

http://www.chia4life.com.au/chia/recipes/chia-pancakes/

I also posted a 'gulten free pancake recipe' that has chia seeds in them also... they are my favourite new thing too as they are so good for you!
Dx Dec 2008, DENIAL, OMS Jul 2011, Copaxone Nov 2011.
2 posts Page 1 of 1