8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello all,

Just had to let you know that I found a dairy and gluten free plum pudding to add to tomorrow's celebrations. I love Christmas :D

The fat content is relatively high but it's pretty rich so a small piece is all that's required.

Fellow plum pudding lovers should check out this link for next year's Christmas:

http://www.pudforallseasons.com.au

I'll also be eating many prawns and fresh salmon.

Merry Christmas to you all and thank-you for your support, honesty and inspiring words.

And thanks as always to George for changing so many of our lives - I feel such enormous gratitude towards you!

Cheers,

Donna
i sincerly doubt that pudding is allowed in the OMS diet. They don't give the recipe, but that looks like cream on the top and you say it's high in fat, but not what kind. Are you following the OMS diet? I would think twice before eating this.
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
Hi Alex,

I see what you mean - pictures can be misleading! Like I said, it's dairy free (so definitely no cream) and the fat content is vegetable oil used in the baking of the product. I assume that's ok? It' not palm oil or transfat of any type in my understanding,,,

The business sells a number of different puddings (some definitely not OMS friendly) but I thought that the particular one I mentioned would be fine.

Anyway, would be interested to hear what you think!

Thanks,

Donna
I would read the label, then refer to "Foods not to eat". I would then decide that this pudding was in the category "Any biscuits, pastries, cakes, muffins, doughnuts or shortening, unless fat-free". As it's got fat in it, then I would not eat it and enjoy all the wonderful fresh berries instead that are available at Christmas in the southern hemisphere.

Wendy
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
I highly recommend some of the fruit mince tarts that I found on our organics shop today. Gluten free, wheat free, no sugar and used the tiniest bit of olive oil for the pastry.....will find the name. The only ingredients were an organic gluten free flour, apple juice, dates, sultanas, raisons and a dash of olive oil with all spice. Delish.

I love the berries too and the soy fat free yoghurts I can find in the supermarkets.

Yum. Am off to make some date and almond balls from the recipe section. YUM YUM!!!

Merry xmas my darling OMSers
Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough. I'd still be cautious, but it might be a reasonable cheat. if you must.
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
Or make your own :) I intend to try this one out in a few days or so, it is near the bottom of the page.
http://vegancooking.livejournal.com/2744791.html as is totally OMS legal.
Thanks for the suggestions!

In the end, I checked the ingredients again and decided it was fine to eat some pudding.

However, the interesting thing was that it's been so long since I've eaten anything like that (I adopted the OMS lifestyle 18 months ago) that I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I anticipated.

I also ate MANY cherries and mixed berries and enjoyed them much more than the pudding. It's amazing how our tastes and preferences can change over time!

Happy New Year to you all :D

Cheers,

Donna
8 posts Page 1 of 1