3 posts Page 1 of 1
I found these recipes and wondering if they would be ok on this diet or too high in sat fats?

Carrot Cake with Creamy Glaze Topping

Ingredients

(a) 3 cups Unbleached White Flour
2 tsps Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt
(b) 300g Silken Tofu
(blended until smooth)
400g Grated Carrot
3/4 cup Oil
2 cups Light Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Vanilla
1/4 cup Orange Juice Concentrate

Method

Preheat oven to 3500F. Mix (a) together. Mix (b) well in separate bowl. Add dry ingredients (a) to wet ones (b). Stir until all dry parts are moistened.Fold in: 3/4 cup Chopped Walnuts 3/4 cup Raisins Oil and flour pan. Bake 45 minutes. When cool, top with Creamy Glaze Topping.

Creamy Glaze Topping

Ingredients

300gms Silken Tofu
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Honey
1/4 tsp Salt

Method

Blend all the ingredients in blender until smooth and creamy.

and

Tofu Cheesecake

Ingredients

(a) 1 Baked Biscuit Crumbed Pastry Pie Shell
(b) 900g Silken Tofu
1 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Oil
1/2 cup Honey
2 tsp Vanilla
Pinch of Salt

Method

Preheat Oven to 3750F. Have (a) ready. Blend (b) in food processor, until smooth and creamy. Pour mixture into baked shell. Bake for 40 minutes or until small cracks appear on surface. Serve well chilled with fresh fruits.

not sure what to use instead of the biscuit though... if they are ok what are your suggestions?
Dx Dec 2008, DENIAL, OMS Jul 2011, Copaxone Nov 2011.
Hi,

I don't eat tofu because the research shows that tofu and other soy products that are not fermented contribute to early loss of memory (dementia). I do eat soy products that are fermented such as miso and tempeh.

Rebecca
The best tofu I've found is from clearspring - it's a firm silken and has no nasdty ingredients, especially soy isolates.

Those recipes sound lush, definately going to try once this relapse is over. Thanks for sharing :)

For the biscuit base, I'm going to look at some plain fat free digestive type biscuits and make my own base by hitting the biscuits into small crumbs and compacting into my tin. It shouild work.

Chelle x
3 posts Page 1 of 1