4 posts Page 1 of 1
I love the coconut jelly you get in yum cha restaurants but it uses high fat coconut cream. Here's my low-fat version.

Ingredients:
2 cups, 500ml Almond Milk
2 teaspoons, 10ml coconut essence (or to taste)
1/4 - 1/3 cup of caster sugar (or to taste)
2 teaspoons, 4grams of agar agar powder

Method:
Put all the ingredients (cold or at room temperature) in a saucepan and mix well.

Bring the liquid to the boil (you can stir while the liquid is heating), whisk well, then remove from heat.
Pour the liquid into a jelly mould or a Pyrex dish to set (I use a 3 cup pyrex dish with a lid).

As the ingredients cool the jelly will set - at room temperature or in the fridge. The key ingredient here is the agar agar. Not enough and the jelly won't be firm enough. Too much (say 5g) and the jelly will be too firm and chewy. Once the jelly has set, cut into squares and serve.

For more information on agar agar or to see step by step photos. They are on my blog here http://stylishsettings.blogspot.com.au/ ... jelly.html but I always put the full recipe here on the forum.
I will try this! I love your blog Kylie, especially the bit where you pull all the common diet threads together.
http://stylishsettings.blogspot.com.au/ ... or-ms.html
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Oh Wendy,
I was sitting here and the little message came up to say there was a reply on this post. I thought, I bet that's Wendy, and it was.
Thank you for your kind words about my blog.
I'm off to Gawler on Monday for the retreat. Spending Sunday night with my sister in Melbourne before heading to the Yarra Valley. Any tips or advice. I'm guessing don't wear mascara?
Looking forward to it, but a little nervous.
Kylie
Don't be nervous, it is the most welcoming, inclusive experience, and to listen to George explaining the evidence is very compelling. Mascara will work most of the time ;-) but it is such a relief (and healthy) to get all those emotions out, especially if you have bottled them up for years like me!

You will enjoy it! And tell George about your blog.....
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
4 posts Page 1 of 1